Legit Check: Jordan retro 5 Shanghai

Hello everybody, I have been on this forums reading up on articles and threads, but never actually posted anything until now. Anways, I found a pair of retro 5s shanghai shen's on Craigslist and hes local. 

Pictures are OK quality, but the varsity yellow color in the pictures are brighter than they are in person.

He has the camera flash on in a couple pictures that makes them look brighter, I have looked at these in person and they look authentic, but I am not well educated in spotting the tiny details in deciding on authenticity. I got him down to $500 org. he was asking $600 

Any feedback well be much appreciated.

Last edited:
i'm leaning toward fake/ GM pairs, since the tongue 3M so bright. legit one will not have that kind so bright and did u check if the seller still hold receipt from china nikestore? and one thing for sure there should be a stamp inside the box (all nike and jordan sold in chinese retailer should have it)

Thanks for the replies its a shame that these indeed might be grey market or fake. Looks so close to the real deal that I couldn't tell.
Any more opinions would be appreciated

Looks like replicas to me, not even GMs, the overall shape just looks off especially on the back and the jumpman on the back looks off too

Definitely not legit. Stay away. The non milky looking mesh netting on the side is always a dead giveaway. Tongue is off as well and the icy sole on the bottom is way too clear. It should have a darker icy blue sole. Yellow is slightly off too. Should be a darker yellow on the soles and the lace lock should be the same exact shade. One last thing, but they're are still not legit regardless, is if the size tag on the box said 'Air Jodan Retro'... in that exact spelling.

i bought a fake pair that had a stamp inside the box and under the inner soles

Yes it is possible to have a replica that has the stamp under the insole and box. That shouldn't be used to determine if it's legit. But if it is missing that's when you should be concerned.

Thanks for all the replies, I will not be purchasing these! To answer that question, the tag on the box does say "Air Jordan 5 Retro"

Then thats good. But they're still not authentic. That's an easy way to tell if they aren't authentic without even looking at the shoe if there is a typo on the size tag of the box. 

Back
Top Bottom