LEBRON SCULPTURE

aight so this is a sculpture of lebron's head i made in sculpture class. i did it by looking at some pics i downloaded from google, and... ya. it's notperfect, but it was my first project after summer vacation, so i guess i was kinda rusty... hehe. nah i dont wanna make excuses for myself. i think overall idid a good job. id like to hear what nt thinks.... enjoy
these first pics are like "in the making" pics.

b62151e7a8bd95f479cb03f9f1c0d29ba013d25.pjpg

82335304e6b2a83eb0889f93f626daa0f3828c5.pjpg

0ce35397eb20ad04b37a95daf59eec78eb15984.pjpg

49c15deba1b294f2455c2a3f2b22fe663aecd2b.pjpg

this is the finished product. actually if u wanna help me: it's not glazed yet, and i cant decide what color to glaze it. i think this is one of thebest pieces ive made, and id hate to ruin it by using the wrong glaze. so, any of u have any suggestions for what glaze to use thatd be great. or i could stainit..... anyways, suggestions are welcome.
f04256fe87a58b53947f79b52d4ac3bce85c7f1.pjpg
f4b15ee9afb39ef7a15c9726b94b2a009ad3fcc.pjpg
917352e7e26eac45b1dd97e3fd9115c2f0ab360.pjpg
06935170ee2dab2bb7479f64fd47c4537986366.pjpg
21135055e1eaa678b7dd903af100c5d076611f6.pjpg

i have taken many ceramics classes, i used to hate glazing because the colors are never exact.
i would say to under glaze it then just do a clear glaze over that

Nice Job man, Thanks for sharing..
One critique though...
Seems to be too much hair...Like the part past his headband has too much...
I think a good portion of that needed to be chopped off, but still a great job..Would love to see you do more...

that hair texture is crazy...you do it with a sponge or something?

I'd say do it in a metallic color like pewter, gold or bronze like a HOF bust

that hair texture is crazy...you do it with a sponge or something?

nah bout the hair, im actualy kinda proud the way i did it. basically i made HELLA little clay balls, like the size of a pea, and then stuck them onto his headtill it was all covered with them. then i whacked them with this brush thing to get the little holes in it..... i think its pretty effective.....
oh and i did the same for the beard...

I have taken ceramic classes too. Making faces are pretty hard. Excellent job.
But it looks more like Greg Oden with a headband (Not to hate)

1. the hair and the beard detail is hot. I like that

2. I like the first pic with the missing eye for that "terminator" look, LOL

3. are you from nor cal since you said "hella"??

Cool stuff I remember spending whole days doin sculptures. Really hard, especially off pics. Nice the head seems a bit too flat. And skulls too big. Nice jobthough!

after the first pic i was like smh it got a lot better and it turned out very nice!

Really nice job and effort. the only thing off is the head shape. when you look at lebron in a head on pic. the headband is like the top off his head, you dontactually see his head:

732c2li.jpg

so from the side it should've looked more like this (excuse my bad paint job to blend colors):

71ehgmo.jpg

once again though nice job. i wasnt tryin to knock you or nothin cause i know it took alot of work. and i do art myself, but hate sculting cause its tough andi dont have patience.

When I frist opened the thread and saw that first pic pop up, I was dying
roll.gif
I thought we were about to get yet an other classic thread already for '08
eek.gif
But then I read this...
these first pics are like "in the making" pics.
...and scrolled down to the other pics in disapointment
laugh.gif

Great job though on the sculpture. I could never do that! I had a project in art class back in high school, where we started with a 20-25cm high block of driedclay I think, or whatever it was, and we had to chip it into a sculture. As I was chipping away, and making it into something, i kept accidently taking hugechunks out of it, and ruining what I was going for. It started out as a trophy...I ruined that. Then I went for a carrot...and accidently chipped it in half. I ended with a 5cm long sleigh, with a little 2cm chunk I called an ''Eskimo''
laugh.gif
I somehow got a passing grade on it too
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom