8:00 PM ET
Game 14, Road Game 6
TV: CSN HD, KSTC-45, NBA LP 755
Radio: WEEI
Target Center

Game Thread l Chat

Wolves Blogs:
TWolves Blog l Canis Hoopus

The Celtics have a quick turnaround after playing the Pistons in Boston last night, as they had to board a plane and prepare to play the Timberwolves in Minnesota tonight. The Celtics had an easy time with the Pistons, though, and no starter played more than 28 minutes so they should be fairly fresh for this game.

Last season, the Celtics swept the series with the Wolves for the first time since the 1995-96 season. But, it wasn't easy as they won both games by a total of just 3 points. The Wolves have started off slowly this season in spite of an upgrade in talent over the summer. They beat the Sixers on Wednesday to end an 8 game losing streak and will be feeling pretty good about themselves entering this game.

This is KG's first game against his former team in Minnesota. He was injured last season when the Celtics visited the Target Center. Although the Wolves fans want their team to win, they will have some mixed feelings as the player they loved and cheered for over 12 seasons will be on the opposition. It should be emotional for KG but as he greets the fans but beyond that, don't expect him to have any warm feelings for his former team.

star-divide.jpg.v5547

Probable Starting Matchups

PG: Rajon Rondo vs Sebastian Telfair
SG: Ray Allen vs Mike Miller
SF: Paul Pierce vs Ryan Gomes
PF: Kevin Garnett vs Al Jefferson
C: Kendrick Perkins vs Jason Collins

Key Matchups
RondoBos.jpg
vs
TelfairMin.jpg

Rajon Rondo vs Sebastian Telfair
At one point, Rondo was behind Telfair in the rotation and Rondo eventually surpassed Telfair. Telfair is fast and will make Rondo work on the defensive end, but he isn't known for his defense and so Rondo needs to be aggressive on the offensive end.

KGBos.jpg
vs
JeffersonMin.jpg

Kevin Garnett vs Al Jefferson

This is a matchup of one of the best all time vs one of the best young power forwards who may one day be considered one of the best. KG should get some love from the fans in Minny and that will hopefully spur him to a good game. This will be a great matchup.

Honorable Mention
Paul Pierce vs Ryan Gomes
These two have gone up against each other in practice many times when they were teammates and so they know each other well. Should be a good matchup with Pierce's experience winning out over Gomes' youth

Team Connections
Of all the teams in the NBA, these two teams are probably the most connected after the big trades between them.
Kevin McHale, the Wolves GM, was one of the original Big 3 of the Celtics.
KG played for the Wolves from 1995-2007 and was traded to the Celtics in the trade that took Big Al Jefferson, among others, to Minnesota.
Randy Foye, Al Jefferson, and Ryan Gomes were drafted by the Celtics.
Sebastian Telfair played for the Celtics in '06-07.
Wolves assistant coaches Jerry Sichting and Ed Pinkney are former Celtics.
Mike Miller played for Doc in Orlando.
Jason Collins was a teammate of Scal's in New Jersey
Ray Allen and Calvin Booth were teammates in Seattle
Ray Allen was drafted by the Wolves in the 1996 draft

X-Factor
Former Celtics and Wolf

This should be an emotional game for KG. This will be his first time playing in Minnesota since the trade as he missed last season because of injury. He will be fired up to play well against his former team and in front of the fans who still love him and should fire up the Celtics as well. On the other hand, Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes and Sebastian Telfair will all be fired up to try to beat their former team as well. It should be another close game.

Also to be considered is the fact that the Celtics are playing in the second of back to back games. The starters were able to get a lot of rest in their easy win over the Pistons, but the late night and travel may be a factor in their play.

C's by 8. KG is gonna lose his mind.

go minny!!...i hate this greedy green team but i hope the minnesota fans show their respect for kg and dont boo him

Minny isn't booing KG. They're giving out commemorative KG items to the crowd I read; and the KG C's jersey is a sellout in the area.

There's no way I or any of the fans will be booing KG. Look at this video from when he returned last year (2/8/2008) but he didn't play because ofinjury

The return to the land that paid him $186.4 million dollars by his 30th birthday
pimp.gif

KG's gonna feel love all night. I see Celts winning large.

timberpups got this, unlike last year. remember what KG did last year when the pups choked it away.

[KG AFTER A DUNK] RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRWRRASIRDHOASDRHAIARIHDSIRHADROIHRDSIAFRAIDSRHAIHHAHHHAIHDIFHAWAWHIAWIHAHWAHEFEWAADFI *bashes head against ball* [/KG AFTER ADUNK]

GO T-WOLVES.

^^^ KG getting boo'd by all of these "Minnesota nice" fans? Not going to happen. 4 minute standing ovation.

Originally Posted by JPZx

There's no way I or any of the fans will be booing KG. Look at this video from when he returned last year (2/8/2008) but he didn't play because of injury

Every fan in the arena should boo his #++ tonight....Although I know its not gonna happen...

No offense to you or anything, but fans here are to soft. KG HATES Minnesota, he hates the fans, hates the organization, hates everything about it. But I guessits cool cause the organization hates him back...Ive had many talks with people in the front office and others that help run the team and while he was a greatplayer on the court, he was a complete +%!% off of it... I had the equipment guy tell me that in 2 weeks of my bro being there he had already had moreconversations with him than he did with KG during his entire stint in Minneapolis.....c'mon now...the dude hated being here.

Honestly, I dont like seeing people in Garnett jerseys showing up to the game...people need to let that #@!%% go....How are you gonna show up to game andsupport a team wearing a %$%$%%* Celtics jersey that says #5 on it? (I saw 5 different people at the 76ers game on wednesday) That dude aint on the team....whoyou rooting for?� I see more Garnett jerseys than any other jersey in the arena and the guy isnt on the team and im sure doesnt even want you wearing hisjersey.....

There was an article written that there has been more #5 Celtics jerseys sold in Minneapolis than all of the T'Wolves combined....that aint right. Soft #++fans...people need to get some hate in their blood and let it out.

wrote:
Originally Posted by JPZx

There's no way I or any of the fans will be booing KG. Look at this video from when he returned last year (2/8/2008) but he didn't play because of injury

Every fan in the arena should boo his #++ tonight....Although I know its not gonna happen...

No offense to you or anything, but fans here are to soft. KG HATES Minnesota, he hates the fans, hates the organization, hates everything about it. But I guess its cool cause the organization hates him back...Ive had many talks with people in the front office and others that help run the team and while he was a great player on the court, he was a complete +%!% off of it... I had the equipment guy tell me that in 2 weeks of my bro being there he had already had more conversations with him than he did with KG during his entire stint in Minneapolis.....c'mon now...the dude hated being here.

Honestly, I dont like seeing people in Garnett jerseys showing up to the game...people need to let that #@!%% go....How are you gonna show up to game and support a team wearing a %$%$%%* Celtics jersey that says #5 on it? (I saw 5 different people at the 76ers game on wednesday) That dude aint on the team....who you rooting for?� I see more Garnett jerseys than any other jersey in the arena and the guy isnt on the team and im sure doesnt even want you wearing his jersey.....

There was an article written that there has been more #5 Celtics jerseys sold in Minneapolis than all of the T'Wolves combined....that aint right. Soft #++ fans...people need to get some hate in their blood and let it out.

�� I knew about the off-court stuff but that doesn't stop him from being my favorite player all-time (besides Jordan). The stuff this dude did on the courtand the way he helped the organization in my opinion outweighs it. I guess I don't think it's weird or odd to appreciate all he's done for us.

I don't have any hate towards #21
happy.gif

Anybody who calls themselves a Timberwolves fan should know that KG was a cancer to the franchise. He said he wanted to win but he wanted to win while his POSfriends got fat contracts (Hassell, T-HUD). He was the face of Minnesota sports for many years but that just goes to show you how little people in MN knowabout professional sports. Trading him to the Celtics was one of the best things this franchise has ever done. Right now MN can't close out a game tosave our life but they've been keeping the games close. There is going to be a changing of the guard in the Western Conference in the next 3 years andMinnesota will be ready.

also....
I respect KG's skill as an athlete but the way he carries himself on the court just disgusts me. He probably has the most profane mouth in all of the NBAyet nobody even bats an eye.

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

Anybody who calls themselves a Timberwolves fan should know that KG was a cancer to the franchise.

That cancer leads your franchise in games, minutes, points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. Good thing all Minnesota fans aren't like you or hewould've left years earlier. Ungrateful %$@%.

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

Anybody who calls themselves a Timberwolves fan should know that KG was a cancer to the franchise. He said he wanted to win but he wanted to win while his POS friends got fat contracts (Hassell, T-HUD). He was the face of Minnesota sports for many years but that just goes to show you how little people in MN know about professional sports. Trading him to the Celtics was one of the best things this franchise has ever done. Right now MN can't close out a game to save our life but they've been keeping the games close. There is going to be a changing of the guard in the Western Conference in the next 3 years and Minnesota will be ready.

also....
I respect KG's skill as an athlete but the way he carries himself on the court just disgusts me. He probably has the most profane mouth in all of the NBA yet nobody even bats an eye.
I don't agree with you at all dude...

Originally Posted by Andrew630

KG will dominate.
he didn't dominate but he didn't need to. the celtics are worlds better than the wolves, how many did we have in double figures?
laugh.gif
95-78, too easy

Nonstoptalk wrote:

also....
I respect KG's skill as an athlete but the way he carries himself on the court just disgusts me. He probably has the most profane mouth in all of the NBA yet nobody even bats an eye.

I'm sorry, but you sir are a whiner.

Back
Top Bottom