Just Graduated College and My Parents Don't Think I should Work.

guccjermaine

Banned
Just finished school in July and my parents think I should ease my way into the workforce. NT chime in.

Why don't your parents think you should work? Do they have empty nest syndrome? Are you an only child?

You gotta man up at some point. I moved states away from all of my family and friends within a month after graduating from college because I found a job. I feel bad for my friends that are still living at home with no job or a crap job when I visit. They're missing out on so much.

I would work just so I can get some money coming in. I can't sit still on the couch at home all day. I'll go nuts after a week

Not.. really.. sure what they are suggesting you do then? Post up at the crib?

it doesnt hurt to look for a job. just wait til your homies start their careers and you'll be jelly. i started my career when I turned 19, so i didn't get to enjoy what it was like to be a "true" college kid with my homies. i'm 26 now about to be 27 soon and now my homies are still looking for work and/or looking to finish their school.. 

Seriously though.. You need to strike while the iron is hot. There are other graduating classes coming right after yours, and you don't get time back(i dont think..) Its like the sports drafts.. If you dont get drafted, and endup getting grouped in with the rest of the pool.. youre just another name fighting to survive.. Now's your time to try and make your mark on society. ie. get a job.

well if you just finished up college, maybe they just want you to take a little time off as a reward and to really think about you wanna do?

thats what i would do 

Why don't your parents think you should work? Do they have empty nest syndrome? Are you an only child?

You gotta man up at some point. I moved states away from all of my family and friends within a month after graduating from college because I found a job. I feel bad for my friends that are still living at home with no job or a crap job when I visit. They're missing out on so much.
I'm the only child and the youngest grandchild on both sides of the family. My parents give me money. My professor called earlier this week asking if I wanted to attend grad school; but my parents prefer that I stay home with them and just chill for a while. 

I'm the only child and the youngest grandchild on both sides of the family. My parents give me money. My professor called earlier this week asking if I wanted to attend grad school; but my parents prefer that I stay home with them and just chill for a while. 

i know ppl who would kill to have your problem lol

all i gotta say is be your own man though

Do something. If it's grad school do that, but sitting at home all day isn't what's up. Unless the world is willing to wait for you to be done with your chill time.

It's a balancing act, because you do want to take advantage of the time you have left before joining the work force, but you could miss out on a lot of opportunities.

I say do something to kill time and better yourself. Do what makes you happy.

Last edited:
**** id chill for a while :lol: :lol:

At the same time, Gotta make your own paper though.

How much they breaking u off per week though

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

**** id chill for a while :lol: :lol:

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

i wasnt gonna ask but really this is a major factor

like ya just regular middle class an they give you enough to get by an dont want you to leave

or ya parents loaded an you got credit cards an heavy payroll to play with?

**** id chill for a while
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I cut the grass weekly and keep the dishes washed daily. My pops gives me about 150-200 and my mom fills my truck up every Sunday or Monday. My parents always say I'm an asset to the household but I feel like a bum; especially since my girlfriend is well into her career.

I'd sit around the house and drink beer and bangs chick til they tell me ok the ease is over

I cut the grass weekly and keep the dishes washed daily. My pops gives me about 150-200 and my mom fills my truck up every Sunday or Monday. My parents always say I'm an asset to the household but I feel like a bum; especially since my girlfriend is well into her career.

Thats chump change, get a job.

if you are serious, then you are right, you are a bum. get that resume together.

nope F that

ya parents gotta learn that you grown up an thats not helping you be a man

an ya lil gf gonna talk *$&% one day an you gonna feel turrible, hell you may even find out another NTr hittin that who takin care of business

Last edited:

you living the life breh

Back
Top Bottom