Just copped a Sega Saturn, what games should i get? (Yes I'm serious)

Like the title says
smokin.gif

Panzer Dragoon. That was the ishhhhh back in the day. And Nights (into Dreams). 2 CLASSIC games. Don't forget Virtual On also.... Damn, wish I still had mine...

2hrih5c.jpg

this right here is a must cop, im still currently playing it, cant get past the 3rd level for !@#

basically ur a guy killing stuff and these blue pigs come out randomly and if u kill them u get a power boost, killing 4 will change u into a beast and the power is beyond
pimp.gif

so far i know

first stage : transform into a beast
second stage : transform into a dragon
third stage : transform into a bear
fourth stage : ??
fifth stage : ??

Nights was dope

Virtua Fighter 2

Shining The Holy Ark

X-Men Children of the Atom

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Daytona USA

Guardian Heroes

I remember when Sega Saturn came out, I wanted one SOOOOOO bad... never got one though. Considering it's staying power, probably a good thing.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

X-Men_VS_Street_Fighter.PNG

One of the best arcade translations to a gaming console. You need that boost adapter that to make it run smooth but this game and with the OG Saturn controller, you feel like you are almost at the arcade.

^ People didn't even know that at the time. Since everyone had a Playstation, they truely missed out on some great Saturn 2D Fighters. That was the Saturn's strength. 2D Fighters.

Here is an article about it - GOod Read

[h2]Sega Saturn 2D Fighters Library[/h2]
saturnlogo.jpg
While the Saturn might not have been able to keep up with the Sony Playstation in terms of 3D gameplay, Sega’s 32-bit powerhouse cleaned house with it’s 2D muscle. The 2D fighter genre is essentially the best demonstration of the Saturn’s 2D capabilities.

The Saturn’s raw power was shown off by the likes of Capcom classics such as Darkstalkers and Street Fighter Alpha 2, but when you combined the stock machine with the 1MB/4MB RAM expansion cartridge, you bascially had some amazing arcade-accurate fighters such as X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Street Fighter Zero 3, and Vampire Hunter that the Playstation couldn’t even dream of touching.

The Sega Saturn is truly one of the best systems to own for fighting fans, but when you combine it with Sega’s next console, the Dreamcast, and its jaw-dropping fighter library, you will find yourself in brawler heaven. But for now, lets see what Sega’s 32-bit machine has to offer…

darkstalkers-screen2.jpg
Darkstalkers, Vampire Hunter, Vampire Savior
After Capcom re-ignited arcade fever with Street Fighter 2, they created a entirely new fighting franchise with a completely re-built engine. This new series went by “Vampire

dragon force. if you are interseted in an RPG, this is like no other. its a squad based game but in realtime with moments of pauses for you to decide formation.   one of my favorite rpgs ever and there hasn't been a battle system like this since (as far as i know, maybe in an import that never got translated or published for US).
dragonforce-saturn.jpg

Guardian Heroes and Shining Force 3. I'll sell you both for $160
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom