Just because I have a virus warning poping up every second........

Doesnt necessarily mean that I have a virus right??

Like it could be the anti-virus program scaring me into buying their program right??

No that IS the virus.

Which one is it? Green AV, Micro Anti-Virus, or something similar?

you already have the virus, it is "virus doctor" or some other crap?

Nah son, that is the virus. RIP
tired.gif

word I have this reoccurring virus that pops up like every couple of days. It's called anti-spyware-5 and it pretends to be an antivirus program. But whenI run my actual spyware scan, it never says that I have a virus. I do quick scan, full scan, it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by 18key

Get Malwarebytes to clean your computer up.
Sometimes MWB is awesome and sometimes it isn't. It worked on my parents computer for one like that but it will not take off Green AV from myfriends computer. No fan boy but macs ftw.

OP I'm sure myself and the people in this thread will be able to help you get it off pretty quickly though

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

No that IS the virus.

Which one is it? Green AV, Micro Anti-Virus, or something similar?
haha my old computer has all of this, it pops up and says must scan now/buy now, Its so annoying, I cant even access my program files to deleteit, or my computer, it also changed my wallpaper with a big "DANGER" sign....

I mean the computer isnt THAT old but is it too far gone? ive deleted all files

yea im havin the same problem. should i buy an antivirus program or is there somethin i can do

btw im the least tech savvy guy out there. lol. so any type of help would be greatly appreciated

Ight, the messages at the bottom of both pages is what Im dealing with. Now the computer is running fine (at least it seems so) but these things just keeppopping up. Im hoping its just whatever program that is, trying to get me to subscribe or whatever. So what do you guys think??

Here's what I'd do: Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (free version), then restart your computer in Safe Mode, open MWB and run a full system scan.Come back when that's finished.

Crank: Do the same thing. Download it on your new computer and save it to a flash drive, boot your old computer in safe mode and then get MWB off the flashdrive and scan it like that

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

^theres nothing on the computer I need though, can I just system restore the whole thing???

system restore as in "windows system restore" or a "restore to factory settings" disc?

a lot of times windows system restore fixes the problems but beware that sometimes your system restores are the ones getting hit with viruses

if you're talking a factory reformat, thats the cleanest thing to do

^yea I mean factory reformat, like completely wipe everything off the computer and start new again, how do I go on about doing that on windows XP?

^yea I mean factory reformat, like completely wipe everything off the computer and start new again, how do I go on about doing that on windows XP?
did u buy a pc/laptop from a major company such as hp, acer, dell etc? cause if u did, they should have gave you a factory restore disc

if u dont have that, u cant do a factory restore unless you have a full copy of (or upgrade i think) of XP to where you can do a complete wipe and reinstall xp

if u dont have either of those, youre going to have to do a "windows system restore" from within xp that could possibly fix your problems but mightnot

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Ight, the messages at the bottom of both pages is what Im dealing with. Now the computer is running fine (at least it seems so) but these things just keep popping up. Im hoping its just whatever program that is, trying to get me to subscribe or whatever. So what do you guys think??

do an xp system restore and go back to a restore from yesterday or a couple days ago, if that doesnt help and none of the major ad-aware or anti-virus programswork, u might have to reinstall xp or use a factory restore disc if u have one

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

did u buy a pc/laptop from a major company such as hp, acer, dell etc? cause if u did, they should have gave you a factory restore disc

if u dont have that, u cant do a factory restore unless you have a full copy of (or upgrade i think) of XP to where you can do a complete wipe and reinstall xp

if u dont have either of those, youre going to have to do a "windows system restore" from within xp that could possibly fix your problems
thanx for helping out, the computer is like 7 years old so no disc
laugh.gif
, BUT I have a question I do have a windows vista disk that came with alaptop I recently purchased can that one work?

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

if u dont have either of those, youre going to have to do a "windows system restore" from within xp that could possibly fix your problems but might not

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Ight, the messages at the bottom of both pages is what Im dealing with. Now the computer is running fine (at least it seems so) but these things just keep popping up. Im hoping its just whatever program that is, trying to get me to subscribe or whatever. So what do you guys think??

do an xp system restore and go back to a restore from yesterday or a couple days ago, if that doesnt help and none of the major ad-aware or anti-virus programs work, u might have to reinstall xp or use a factory restore disc if u have one

Yea my mother was gunna just factory restore it, but I was trying to see if it could be fixed another way because I dont really feel like putting all my musicback on the computer
laugh.gif

But yea I think I might just go with the factory restore since nothing else seems to be working. Thank everyone for the help

Use winrar to archive your music and upload it a site like megaupload. That way you'll have a back-up.

I know how it is to have to get all of your music again. A +!+@+$% pain.

Back
Top Bottom