Jordan XII Playoff OG vs. Retro

Hi Guys! Thanks for the help the first go around with this kind of question. 2nd round is Playoff XII. I would like a pair but wanted to hear what you have tosay about the differences. Thanks!

id say its very safe to go with the retro, they are strong and good quality imo, but if you can find OGs..then why not because the price isnt so far off. OGXIIs can usually be found at good prices

there is very few diffrences other then the highth of the shoe . the ogs are cut a bit taller . some might also say that the retro version had a more comfymidsole due to the ogs haveing some of the first applications of zoom , and the improvements that have been made to them since then . ogs are made withsuperior materials as well .but other then that the shoes are identical in apperance .

I wouldnt mind a lower cut and would prefer the comfort.

My big question is how is the difference in quality materials? Is it substantial like some of the recent retros are did they do a decent job?

Thank you so much for your answers thus far

I have OG playoff's on right now, which I wear like 2 or 3 times per week just because I like them so much. Only thing is that the OG gives you an elevatedfeeling and is more builky. Retros are lower to the ground. The OG material is superior to the retro but the retro is still great.

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

there is very few diffrences other then the highth of the shoe . the ogs are cut a bit taller . some might also say that the retro version had a more comfy midsole due to the ogs haveing some of the first applications of zoom , and the improvements that have been made to them since then . ogs are made with superior materials as well .but other then that the shoes are identical in apperance .
judging by that avy anything he says about the xii is probably right..

IIRC, OGs had metal lace loops, and on the Retro's they're plastic. The 'Lizard' effect on the Retros is a little different too.
I've heard the same comments on the cushioning, although a few have argued otherwise.

quality wise ogs are far superior !!! the ogs leather is thicker and is " real " the texture is diffrent on every panel of the shoe , some areassmooth some almost tumbled . it even smells like real leather !! unlike retros that are made from something else that has consistent texture thoughout and isthinner then the ogs . ogs are a bit heavyer also compared to retros , probably due to the better materials inside and out . the liner on the ogs feels thickerand more supportive . the price diffrence isnt much from og to retro . so i recomend doin some good searching and copin some ogs .

Appreciate the help everyone. I'm going to go with OG's. Search is on for a decent priced size 11.

I do not care what ANYONE says...

Retro XII are 5 times more comfortable than the OG.

And 2 ounces lighter! Zoom is more responsive! Midsole doesnt get "ashy"! Heel counter is not as stiff!

Retro all the way.

Originally Posted by schaefmp

Appreciate the help everyone. I'm going to go with OG's. Search is on for a decent priced size 11.
also one thing to take into consideration is size . i usealy wear a 10.5 but all my ogs are size 10 and they fit great . so i would considerbuying a half size down on ogs . what you lookin for i have a few pairs for sale

Back
Top Bottom