J Dilla Changed My Life

Rest In Power to James Dewitt Yancey.
February 7, 1974 - February 10, 2006

The greatest producer to have ever done it.

Post some of your favorite work of his to commemorate

(my apologies if theres a thread like this already)

j-dilla-donuts.jpg

Diamonds, Fall In Love, Look Of Love, F The Police, Two Can Win, Get Dis Money...too many to go on listing. Appreciated to the fullest
pimp.gif

*waits for the obligatory "aww man, dude never had this many fans before dying" post*

Eff that.  Whether you were up on Jay Dee prior to death or whether you got put on after he died, either way you've been blessed to hear one of the greatest ever. 

I still remember the first time I heard "Fantastic, Vol. 2"---that joint made me look at hip-hop differently b/c as a dude from Michigan, I had no idea that dudes from Michigan were putting it down like that.  That album is easily one of my most played to this day, too.  Front to back its just good, solid hip-hop.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Definitely one of the greatest to do it

Here go a couple of his more underrated joints that I been feelin lately.

RIP. Because of him is why I love hip-hop. One of the greatest producers of all time.

Way too many tracks to show appreciation but as of late this is my favorite.

I'm not even going to lie. I had never heard of Dilla before he died. His music is something else though. Only musician whose instrumentals I listen to constantly. His music always keeps you guessing. Truly a great musician.

Back
Top Bottom