It Took 219 Days, but My New 2012 Baby From Germany Has Arrived (Audi)

Disclaimers:
No, it's not an M3.

No it's not an S5 or RS5.

No, it's not a GT-R.

I don't race.  I don't need crazy acceleration or speed.  I wanted a nice looking car that had relatively good performance.  I also went with the Tiptronic automatic (it does have paddle shifters).  I am coming from a stick shift, and I was sick of dealing with Philly traffic.

The car was purchased with my own money on a 5 year term.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way.

This car has been a VERY long time coming.  I originally placed my order for a 2011 A5 Premium Plus on January 15.  I placed a custom order because I wanted the Titanium Package (blacked out trim instead of the normal chrome, RS5 style wheels, and a few other things).  I knew it would be a 3-4 month wait, and I was fine with this.

March came, and my car was still just sitting in Audi's order bank, not scheduled to be made.  April came, and still nothing.  I started reading reports on Audi forums that the Titanium Package orders were being canceled due to short supply of materials.  Sure enough, late April I get the call from my dealer informing me that my order would not be built.  I was quite devastated.

My dealer offered to expedite me a 2011 non-Titanium Package A5, or I could re-order a 2012 with the Titanium Package and wait another 3-4 months.  I decided that if I was going to spend this kind of money, I might as well get exactly what I wanted, so I ordered the 2012.  The problem was, at the time I ordered, there were NO details or pricing on 2012's, so I was placing the order blind.

Luckily, things worked out very well for me.  Although in order to get the Titanium Package in 2012 it required moving from Premium Plus to Prestige (top package), my dealer knocked off an additional $1000 in addition to my already 6% supplier discount I received through work as well as throwing in Audi Care (all maintenance through 45,000 miles).  So now I was getting extra goodies like Nav, Advanced Key (keyless push button start), back up cam, hard drive, and so on.  The other major bonus was that in 2012, the Titanium Package was incorporated into the S-Line package, so now I get the styling of the S5 on my A5 and the special leather and alcantara S-Line seats.

Anyway, I'm sure the majority of you didn't read any of that.  Everyone just wants pics.  I picked up the car last night, August 22.  It was a 219 day wait, but it was 100% worth it.  I love this thing.  It is beautiful.  The color is Phantom Black Pearl Effect.  It has just about every possible bell and whistle you can get on an A5.  Enjoy.

93320574.jpg

32632767.jpg

42885479.jpg

95884174tej.jpg

86922898.jpg

74328663.jpg

72845040.jpg

76387411.jpg

58934785.jpg

98453436.jpg

83658705dn.jpg

Wow. That's a sharp looking car, I really like it. Great choice with everything. Waiting sucks man, but so totally worth it since you got everything you wanted. Enjoy it!

Originally Posted by FEELLEAL

Beautiful ride. No plates on the front bumper FTW!

DEFINITELY!  Love just the one plate in PA.
BTW, I'll be getting tints (probably 30%) as well as 3M paint protection done this weekend.

damn i remember the threads awhile back when you were ordering....congrats it looks
pimp.gif

enjoy

Beautiful car. I was looking into one when I wanted to trade-in my E92, but ended up getting another bimmer. However, the new RS5 is very tempting...

dope! but heard they give electric problems after a year my boy's brother just dumped his new audi

You were right, only 211hp in a car that heavy, you definitely won't be racing anyone.
sick.gif

It looks
eek.gif
though
pimp.gif
I'm sure it will suit your needs well and thats all that matters.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

nice, how much you put down to order the whip?

I had to put $500 down to do the customer order.  This was applied to my overall down payment.

Back
Top Bottom