Is your fam okay with your sneaker habits?

Ok I realize that a lot of the people here in the general forum dont cop as many shoes as they used to, but how does your family feel about you buyingsneakers? (parents, wife, kids, pets whatever)

I ask cuz my parents seem intent on screwin me over as much as possible. I mean I find the 6/17 pack for 310, my parents stall until the ONE pair left is sold,and now the 2/21 pack was on Eastbay for 200 and I need to use their CC again. My dad talkin bout "we'll talk about it tomorow" then tomorowcomes and he pulls the same %%%% on me, and now the shoes arent even on sale any more so I miss out yet again. Same thing happened when I could get XX3s forunder a bill.

I earn my own damn money and pay for everything, if I want a haircut or food or whatever I gotta pay for it, yet Imnot allowed to spend my own damn money on anything that I want to buy. They wont let me get a card so I cant buy anything off da internet, but they wont let meuse theirs either, even if I pay them back more than what the purchase costs.

I cant wait to move out and not have to follow stupid rules no more. Yall go through the same thing, or run ur kids in circles too?

get a check card/debit. it's the same as cash. and if you an account with them, get yourself out of their account and open one in just your name.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Ok I realize that a lot of the people here in the general forum dont cop as many shoes as they used to, but how does your family feel about you buying sneakers? (parents, wife, kids, pets whatever)

I ask cuz my parents seem intent on screwin me over as much as possible. I mean I find the 6/17 pack for 310, my parents stall until the ONE pair left is sold, and now the 2/21 pack was on Eastbay for 200 and I need to use their CC again. My dad talkin bout "we'll talk about it tomorow" then tomorow comes and he pulls the same %%%% on me, and now the shoes arent even on sale any more so I miss out yet again. Same thing happened when I could get XX3s for under a bill.

I earn my own damn money and pay for everything, if I want a haircut or food or whatever I gotta pay for it, yet Im not allowed to spend my own damn money on anything that I want to buy. They wont let me get a card so I cant buy anything off da internet, but they wont let me use theirs either, even if I pay them back more than what the purchase costs.

I cant wait to move out and not have to follow stupid rules no more. Yall go through the same thing, or run ur kids in circles too?

When I was heavy into shoe collecting I'd walk (or drive once I turned 16) my #$% to the store and wait for it to open so I could pay retail.

Like the person above me said if you're that intent on buying online go to the bank, open a checking account and get a card.

same thing used to happen to me, but I just started buying whatever I wanted. It was always like pulling teeth trying to order shoes online because theythought I couldn't tell if the shoe fit me. Gotta get a cc

This rule is so underrated "Keep your family and business completely seperated."

Prepaid credit card.
Problem solved.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My parents hate it. My stepdad uses sneakers for his line of work and everytime he says he needs new sneakers he comes into my room.
Last year duke tried to take OG Raptor VIIs from out the box and use em. I gave em a stoneface for it. Ive given him old stuff though like air forces andstuff....
Folks just dont like em... Even with how much some of my stuffs gonna cost in the future.. I see it as an investment if i ever choose to sell em..

I made a thread with this topic a while back, i got flamed like a bbq chicken on a gas grill.

My mom doesn't really care, although im not a sneaker head or have a habit, but with two brothers and a sister who cops sneakers as often as i do it can bea little outta hand.

She doesn't really know when we buy shoes, so when she sees them..
laugh.gif
She just points at em and says "Look at that, that has to be $20,000 worth, y'all could have bought me a car"

laugh.gif
She says it everytime, never fails.

Yeah, they don't mind. Actually, when I started selling some off, they got mad at me haha. My brothers were saying if I needed the money, I could just askthem. But that didn't feel right at all. So, I went ahead and sold close to 25 pairs this past year. They know I love my sneakers so it kinda hurt themthat I'd go to the selling route before asking them for help.

my parents hated it when i was high school and college.

now that i'm on my own, they kind of laugh about it (i know they still don't care for it too much). it doesn't matter though since it's mymoney.

I mean, Im not allowed to get ANY form of card even though I have my own account. Im 17, so I doubt I could legally get a card if my parents say no. I cant geta car either, because its their policy i have to be 18, i dont even have my permit, and if I bring it up I get my ##$ verbally beat.

My dad was just talkin bout how everything in America is so much cheaper you can afford to buy a lot more, and how Im making a nice amount of money, and theninstantly switches to "NO you cant spend ur money. NO you cant buy anything."

I cant walk either btw, cuz that would mean like 5 hours to the mall and then 5 back

Originally Posted by fiendxxx

My parents hate it. My stepdad uses sneakers for his line of work and everytime he says he needs new sneakers he comes into my room.
Last year duke tried to take OG Raptor VIIs from out the box and use em. I gave em a stoneface for it. Ive given him old stuff though like air forces and stuff....
Folks just dont like em... Even with how much some of my stuffs gonna cost in the future.. I see it as an investment if i ever choose to sell em..
Be sure to let your CPA know that you've got some assets tied up in shoes...don't want him double-up on sneakers in your vast and variedportfolio....you know, so if the sneaker market falls out you can still retire.
roll.gif

My mom used to hate it.

My girl just told me the other day: "Babe, you have too many shoes!". Funny thing is she has a ton of sneakers too, but she "retired"when the CDP packs came out. Plus, she hardly wears them now since she rocks her chucks/vans and flats/heels. I kept on buying, and now I have slowed down aswell.

I have over 100 pairs of shoes, trying to bring it down to about 50, maybe
grin.gif

Now, I think it bugs me more than it bugs them.

i dont think i have a habit no more considering there really hasnt been much dropping lately .... but i know parents/ girl dont like me buying them though. buti look at it as my money cant tell me %$$# lol !!!!

Back
Top Bottom