Is JB stupid? Concerning the VIs this year...

OK, lets look at things a bit.

With the hype over the VI pack releasing, I got to thinking, How dumb is Jordan Brand? They are releasing virtually the same exact shoes but just with a lighter shade of red. The rumors are that the pack will be a international release. Now to me, this is a stupid business tactic. Instead of possibly depriving your fans in the states, why not make the pack a worldwide release?

But lets back track a bit. Lets take a look at the Black/V Red 6 that released already. Instead of pulling a dummy move and releasing that color, why not give us something different? Like a Black/Sports Blue 6 and then in June, instead of White/V Red. Retro the white Sport Blue 6? seen below...

air-jordan-og-6-september-blue.jpg

We rarely see Blue, well we saw it with the Pistons 6, but that was another wasted release in my opinion. The stupidity from this brand is amazing at times. I would have scooped up all 3 releases for retail personally. That's $610 JB could have scored from me alone not to mention the thousands of other sneakerheads out there who snatch up any and every retro release.

If the Infrared Pack was mass produced, as in a main release and 3-5 restocks of at least 2 size runs per store, plus if they used all the right materials, knowing how people like to double and triple up, they could have been swimming in dough!

Now back to the Blue 6s, how would you all have felt about the white 6 above and a black version duraback/no duraback releasing instead of the Varsity 6s of this year?

How do you feel about my proposal? Heck just post how you feel in general
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
@ JB

Edit: I'm not sure how they go about figuring out how many pairs to produce but would 100,000 packs be considered a lot? If so 100,000 x $310 for pack just in the US =  $31 Million
eek.gif

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

its not stupid at all because in the end they will sell out no matter what.

Yeah they may sell out but look at what they COULD HAVE done numbers wise?

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Certain colorways like the Lakers and Pistons are stupid to me

See, I like those and can deal with them as long as JB gives us what we want. They did too little with the Lakers though. I said a while back, don't be a coward with the colors, that's exactly what happened with the Lakers. They didn't need to spear colors everywhere but I wanted a bit more color to them.

maybe they're planning to release da navy blue and sport blue in a pack sumtime inda future...

Those blue 6's are one of THE BEST of all time...

I think JB knows exactly what they're doing.. it seems like they have been very calculated with the Retro 6's.. we will see them eventually, be sure of it

i actually like the idea of the black and white sport blues. would have gotten a lot more attention then the pistons and lakers

Majority of the 6s releasing this year are garbage. I seriously think idiots work for this brand because they would sell way more sneakers if they would just stick with simple colorways with normal materials.

I don't think JB is stupid for releasing varsity red 6's then releasing infrared 6's. Think about it, JB is selling their buyers the same shoe twice. Notice how they offered the varsity red 6's first and they kept the infrared pack on the hush till recently. People bought the varsity red 6's thinking it was the closest things to the infrareds. Now that real infrareds are releasing those same people are gonna want them just because they're the "infrareds". JB just found a way to sell the same shoe twice. It's not stupid on their part. What is stupid is if you fall for it and buy both versions of the shoe.

It was about the heartbeat of Jordan brand. They wanted to know if they're classics run as deep as it did when it released a few years ago...so they release something similar to test to validate the hype on the infrareds...this allowed them to learn two things.... 1. Jordan Heads are SO THIRSTY for OG colorways they will settle for ALMOST the same thing. (thus opening fodder for "new" colorways and cheaper materials because people will buy it anyway) 2. How can my make more money off a single shoe release? Slightly change the color and use the shoe as bait for the OG's....I can guarantee this isn't the only time we will  get suckered into stuff like this. Carolina 9's and powder 9's? Watch JB release the Powder Pack with 9's and the X's in the RIGHT colorway....
frown.gif

yeah if those blue/white vi's dropped i would be very happy w. that release! idk why the don't.

and who ever says jordan doesnt care what anybodys says, that is not true at all. JB puts people in big Forums like NIKETALK and such to see peoples opinions and what people are asking for/talking about. You may not think so, but they are listening.
EVERYBODY %$+#*+@ on the varisity red vi's and complained why not infareds and now looks, INFAREDS are coming out!

Originally Posted by encore2007

Packages don't sell as well as individuals. They could've sold the Infrareds individually, but they basically doubled up by releasing the red versions, and having everyone buy those, then release the package and have us buy those.
How would they double up if one is international release only?

some stuff they oversaturate the market with
others they tease with super limited numbers of regional exclusives

both amount to only one thing: hype.

which ensures the salivating mass of followers are eager to eat up any old thing.

hype. don't believe it.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Certain colorways like the Lakers and Pistons are stupid to me

See, I like those and can deal with them as long as JB gives us what we want. They did too little with the Lakers though. I said a while back, don't be a coward with the colors, that's exactly what happened with the Lakers. They didn't need to spear colors everywhere but I wanted a bit more color to them.

I think they should have done the same thing with the lakers as the did with the pistons....the lakers colorway on the sole of the shoe would have looked dope...and instead of the patent leather, replaced that with the 3m material. IDK...i personally don't like the new retro 6 "lakers", and i didn't like the pistons until i tried them on. i think the pistons are hot. but the lakers, not so much.

If those white/blue VI's came out, you would see responses on threads about it filled with "Nope", "Not copping", "Pass", "Those are ugly", and "What was JB thinking?".  That's what 75% of the responses posted for any upcoming release thread are all about on here anyway.  

No matter what is released, some people on here always find ways to complain, whine, hate, rant and rave about it.  Yet, these are the same people who are first to buy it on RD and dare not post they did, a.k.a. "CONSUMER HYPOCRITES."  (Most of the complaints are a cover-up to justify a way to the means of them not being able to afford or buy the shoe in the first place. 
smh.gif
)

That being said, I would totally buy those white/blue VI's with open arms.  And 2 pairs at that, please.

^^^ agreed, even the pack confuses me a little bit, why the infared's w/ the white/red's?? if we've already had an infared release? JB give us somn else!!!

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

If those white/blue VI's came out, you would see responses on threads about it filled with "Nope", "Not copping", "Pass", "Those are ugly", and "What was JB thinking?".  That's what 75% of the responses posted for any upcoming release thread are all about on here anyway.  

No matter what is released, some people on here always find ways to complain, whine, hate, rant and rave about it.  Yet, these are the same people who are first to buy it on RD and dare not post they did, a.k.a. "CONSUMER HYPOCRITES."  (Most of the complaints are a cover-up to justify a way to the means of them not being able to afford or buy the shoe in the first place. 
smh.gif
)

That being said, I would totally buy those white/blue VI's with open arms.  And 2 pairs at that, please.

Couldn't have been put any better. Regardless, people are going to cop anyways no matter what colors are dropped

a reason why they have done this? maybe because they wanted to use the same materials and colours cause their cheap like that.... they will sell out anyway and they did it spending less money... thats exactly why they do this thing with 6's coming out all year and 11's all in a row.. because they have the molds out and the materials they need bought in masses so they don't have to spend money on other stuff and get the same amount of money coming in

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

smh.gif
)

Q - F - #$@%*^$@#$@#* - T!

Back
Top Bottom