Is Jamario Moon the real deal?

I was watching the Raptors game today and Moon looked awfully nice. 15 points 9 rebounds 3 steals 6 blocks. Which begs the question, is he a fluke or the realdeal? He reminds me of Josh Smith/Gerald Wallace with his ability to do it all. Next coming of Wallace?

he will eventually fall off. i havent seen him play much but almost every player in the league has had their shine at one point in time

JAMARIO MOON-WALKER.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but I think he's doing really well as a Rookie. Him starting for us is probably Sam Mitchell's best move he's gonna make this season.

He seemed like the real deal to me. He's crafty, long and he uses his head. I think his athleticism is very overrated. He's really lanky, not reallyathletic.(Trevor Ariza, Sene, Thabo Sefolosha)

He isn't a fluke at all though, draft stock goes down a lot when players come out of community college.

I saw what he did one game and immediately went to Yahoo and added him to my NT fantasy team.

It's a nice story to make it to the NBA after 6 years as a CBA and USBL journeyman. But the reality is Moon is 27 years old. So it's very unlikely thathe'll be consistently nice, probably more of a hustle player, (i.e. a non-scoring starter or a 6th-8th man).

^kinda like a Mikki Moore in a athletic power guards body. (yes power guard)

Originally Posted by Ahmed Adudi

he will eventually fall off. i havent seen him play much but almost every player in the league has had their shine at one point in time
I must have missed Joe Forte's "shine".

At 27 I think it's only downhill for the rest of Jamrio's career. His length makes him a sick defender though.

the systemt that he is in doesnt require him to be a star..so i think he will do fine as long as he doesnt have a monster few years and get a huge contractwith another team at some point..word to ira newble

haiti5 hit the nail on the head. he doesnt have to be the star. he comes in, brings alot of energy into a game. his outside shot is suspect, but its gettingmuch better. but this guy has freakishly amazing talent. it honestly reminds me of a younger vince carter, when dude could just fly. hes not the same player,but his enery reminds me of a young Vince when he didnt care and just played basketball. He is one of those players you wouldnt expect to bring in energy, andhave a great effect on a game, but what he does is worth more than stats. Dude will do anything coach asks on the court. a great player.

I feel bad. I will honestly admit that I was mad when he became a starter. I thought he didnt deserve it. My special apologies to vcisking, who proved mewrong. And im glad i was proved wrong. He is definately a great talent.

This is the same cat w/ the fro from the D league a few years back right? Son is real athletic and it's good to see him pull together his skill set andmake it on a team, but I wouldn't get carried away with thoughts of him or Tarence Kensey blowing up anytime soon. And if I remember from watching him abunch in the summer of '03 or 04...he definitely was taking plays off and had bad body language. Good to see him turn it around apparently.

if Raja bell can make it as a defender in this league, so can this guy...raja also got a late start

I just want to say tho, that this is why Bryan Colangelo is the best GM in the world. He can somehow scout guys that fit perfect into Sam's system. Lastyear with Garbo, this year with Moon. Somehow, BC always comes up with that diamond in the ruff.
pimp.gif

He is pretty old for a rookie, but his fundamental skill set and habits are good. He has good athleticism as well.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I just want to say tho, that this is why Bryan Colangelo is the best GM in the world. He can somehow scout guys that fit perfect into Sam's system. Last year with Garbo, this year with Moon. Somehow, BC always comes up with that diamond in the ruff.
pimp.gif

I disagree, Colangelo knows how to build competitive 50+ win teams, but neither the Suns or Raptors have what it takes to win an NBA title:defense.
Colangelo got a lot of credit for making the Raptors good again but there is only one way to go after multiple 29 win seasons. I still question alot of his decisions, such as drafting Bargnani over someone such as LaMarcus Aldridge, and signing Jason Kapono rather than getting the rebounder wedesperately need.

Careful. Moon is decent, but he's played like an All-Star in the two matchups with Chicago. Take the sum of his production from all the games playedminus the two Chicago games if you want a complete picture.

i dont think anyone thinks he'll be an all star. raja bell is the perfect analogy imo. not gamewise, but a couple guys that find their place in the leaguethrough hard work and hustle.

reminds me of a young vince also... not that he is anywhere as good a player as vince, but he has the same zeal that vince had when he first came into theleague. hopefully he never loses that, it's his most valuable asset imo

Back
Top Bottom