Is It Safe To Say We're The Most Desensitized Generation Ever?

I never really thought about it before, but it hit me when M.I.A. mentioned it in a recent interview.  She basically said that the problem with the amount of violence and sex (among other things) young people in today's society are expose to, is that as a result, they don't understand the ramifications of going off to war overseas or even the consequences of sex with random partners.  From games like Modern Warfare being top sellers, to sex being used in practically every ad we see in various forms of media, it's definitely starting to add up.  What do you guys think?

I never really thought about it before, but it hit me when M.I.A. mentioned it in a recent interview.  She basically said that the problem with the amount of violence and sex (among other things) young people in today's society are expose to, is that as a result, they don't understand the ramifications of going off to war overseas or even the consequences of sex with random partners.  From games like Modern Warfare being top sellers, to sex being used in practically every ad we see in various forms of media, it's definitely starting to add up.  What do you guys think?

maybe the sex part but war.. Nahhhhh man. If they don;t know the ramifications of war they are not desensitized, they are just stupid...

i think that we are the most backwards generation..

N___ wanna be chicks... and chicks thinkin they n____

maybe the sex part but war.. Nahhhhh man. If they don;t know the ramifications of war they are not desensitized, they are just stupid...

i think that we are the most backwards generation..

N___ wanna be chicks... and chicks thinkin they n____

I sort of agree.. today's society is controlled by whats being potrayed in media today whats seen on TV, Social Networks, and the use of of new techs. Everyone wants what others have.. these new forms of communications is making easier to find someone or start up a conflict, and trends they see on tv and other social networks is moving faster than ever faster

I sort of agree.. today's society is controlled by whats being potrayed in media today whats seen on TV, Social Networks, and the use of of new techs. Everyone wants what others have.. these new forms of communications is making easier to find someone or start up a conflict, and trends they see on tv and other social networks is moving faster than ever faster

No, but we're one of the softest generations ever.

None of us could have lived in the dark ages, let's be real with ourselves.

No, but we're one of the softest generations ever.

None of us could have lived in the dark ages, let's be real with ourselves.

LOL at the derision so far... Bringing up MW was just a lighter point.  I could easily point out things in the socioeconomic infrastructure to corroborate my statement, but alas, most NTer's balk at the very thought of discussing issues like that.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

shes a woman, she dont know what the hell she talkin about.

pimp.gif

Cosign x100000

LOL at the derision so far... Bringing up MW was just a lighter point.  I could easily point out things in the socioeconomic infrastructure to corroborate my statement, but alas, most NTer's balk at the very thought of discussing issues like that.

Why don't you go ahead and discuss your real points? I'll be back later to argue, as I have almost the complete opposite viewpoint. We are soft now more than ever.

Back
Top Bottom