is it possible for Greg Oden to win ROY even with Rose and Beasley probably going for it ?

Thread title says the question.is it possible cause this year he was DNP all year would he be 2nd yr or still a rookie

He's still a rookie I believe and if he's healthy and improved his game from college he could very well be ROY

Didnt the same thing happen with... was it Collison? Dude sat out a full year after being drafted, and was eligable for ROY.

I think... actually... nevermind. I cant predict just yet. Lets see who goes to which team before we make these predictions.

Originally Posted by soulize dp

Question is, if Oden was in this draft, would Rose/Beasley still be the #1/#2 picks?

absolutely not.

oden would be the #1.

the only prospect more highly touted than oden in the past decade was lebron. maybe yao, but i think oden had more hype than him too.

Just to throw this out there, Oden may possibly not be the best rookie on the Blazers. Rudy Fernadez announced that he will be here next year. If you guys dontknow who he is I suggest you youtube him. Dude is crazy good over in Europe.

i actually think Oden WILL win it

just look at the respective teams that each player might be going to
Blazers are going to be at least top 5 in the west with his presence
the talent he has, as well as the talent of the players around him will make Oden rookie of the year

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I think Oden has no chance of winning it.

LOL why NO chance though? It must be a personal thing between you two
grin.gif

I think he has more of a chance than the others tbh.
he has already a year put in ( per se) with a professional organizations
as the others are going to get drafted. Hes already learned things that
the other pros have taught him. I think he will benefit coming back this upcoming season.
just my thought to the original topic question.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I think Oden has no chance of winning it.

LOL why NO chance though? It must be a personal thing between you two
grin.gif
I wouldn't go as far as to say no chance, but he may get hurt again. Rose or Beasly or even maybe somebody else could just tear it up. Who knows.It will be a fun year to watch rookies though.

He might not have the stats for it...but he sure will have the impact.

Should be an interesting race next year. Oden, Beasley, Rose, & don't can't O.J. out. Fun rookie class to watch.

I was right last year...when I said Mike would do what KD did in college...and I feel good about my chances when I say he'll do what he did in his firstyear in the NBA also.

As mentioned stat wise Oden might not garner the same acclaim as Beasley, Rose and to a lesser extent Mayo will this upcoming season, but a healthy Oden willdefinitely have the most impact and most likely will be playing on the best team of the bunch.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

As mentioned stat wise Oden might not garner the same acclaim as Beasley, Rose and to a lesser extent Mayo will this upcoming season, but a healthy Oden will definitely have the most impact and most likely will be playing on the best team of the bunch.
And I think the thing that hurts Odens ROY cause the most is what people have already mentioned. The team already has quite a few players that aregoing to be putting up stats also. The thing that killed the Blazers this year was rebounding and not scoring well in the paint. Oden could drastically changethis for them and that could vault him to being the ROY. It will be a fun season.

Back
Top Bottom