Is circumcision sexual abuse or genital mutilation? -- Serious Topic.

dame theory

Banned
This is not a religious topic but seriously... I wonder why I even got circumcised. It was when I was an infant so I don't remember. I didn't ask my folks why they did it since they'll probably just say "well everyone else does"...

Does anyone regret having it done?

Anyone feel like its just a vestigial part of religion?

I mean how can we look at African and Middle Eastern countries that slice off the clitoris and say that those acts are examples of genital mutilation but circumcision isnt?

Every time I think about it I get really perplexed... I'm pretty sure I won't be doing it just because it seems so wrong to mess with the body like that for no apparent reason. I don't even know if a link to preventing disease has even been discovered or anything. It just seems so barbaric in the rawest sense. Then when I read about why it was used I just get a little more
frown.gif
face'd
laugh.gif

Are you going to circumcise your boys?

Questions...questions...

This is not a religious topic but seriously... I wonder why I even got circumcised. It was when I was an infant so I don't remember. I didn't ask my folks why they did it since they'll probably just say "well everyone else does"...

Does anyone regret having it done?

Anyone feel like its just a vestigial part of religion?

I mean how can we look at African and Middle Eastern countries that slice off the clitoris and say that those acts are examples of genital mutilation but circumcision isnt?

Every time I think about it I get really perplexed... I'm pretty sure I won't be doing it just because it seems so wrong to mess with the body like that for no apparent reason. I don't even know if a link to preventing disease has even been discovered or anything. It just seems so barbaric in the rawest sense. Then when I read about why it was used I just get a little more
frown.gif
face'd
laugh.gif

Are you going to circumcise your boys?

Questions...questions...

post the information on why it used to be done. sounds interesting.

But if you want my opinion, I it seems pretty unnecessary and a little excessive. But someone correct me if I am wrong. but don't men who are circumcised only feel 60% of what sex is supposed to feel like?

But if you want my opinion, I it seems pretty unnecessary and a little excessive. But someone correct me if I am wrong. but don't men who are circumcised only feel 60% of what sex is supposed to feel like?

If the results of male circumcision were the same as female circumcision, it wouldn't exist
laugh.gif

If the results of male circumcision were the same as female circumcision, it wouldn't exist
laugh.gif

I'm circumcised but from what I understand, the foreskin can get in the way when you urinate or even completely block the head of the penis. My grandfather had to have his redone some time before he died for some medical reason.

I'm circumcised but from what I understand, the foreskin can get in the way when you urinate or even completely block the head of the penis. My grandfather had to have his redone some time before he died for some medical reason.

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

I have to look because i don't have time to grab all my sources but I was reading something about how it was a jewish tradition to keep boys from engaging in sex too young or something...

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

I have to look because i don't have time to grab all my sources but I was reading something about how it was a jewish tradition to keep boys from engaging in sex too young or something...

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

You do know after that happens ONE time for someone, they can adjust to make sure it never happens again. That is a bs reason.
Originally Posted by RKO2004

Isn't it more work to clean the penis when NOT circumcised?
It might be but how much energy does it really take to pull your skin back?

You do know after that happens ONE time for someone, they can adjust to make sure it never happens again. That is a bs reason.
Originally Posted by RKO2004

Isn't it more work to clean the penis when NOT circumcised?
It might be but how much energy does it really take to pull your skin back?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I actually DIDN'T know that, but thanks for the info
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom