Investing Question

I was reading a Warren Buffett book and it was talking about the valuation of companies and how he decides when it is time to buy. Part of it involvedlong-term corporate interest rates, and the example said how long-term corporate interest rates were around 7% in 2007. I understood everything else untilthat point, about calculating earnings per share and comparing it to the market price of the stock, and how stocks can be thought of as long-term equity bonds. The only thing I need to know now is what long-term corporate interest rates are, and where/how I can find out what they are? Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by Truballa72189

I was reading a Warren Buffett book and it was talking about the valuation of companies and how he decides when it is time to buy. Part of it involved long-term corporate interest rates, and the example said how long-term corporate interest rates were around 7% in 2007. I understood everything else until that point, about calculating earnings per share and comparing it to the market price of the stock, and how stocks can be thought of as long-term equity bonds. The only thing I need to know now is what long-term corporate interest rates are, and where/how I can find out what they are? Thanks a lot!
You can find them out here:

www.investopedia.com
www.google.com (not to be rude, but c'mon)

As well as information for future questions

You can find all ratios and financial information on any financial website.

I use yahoo finance. All the ratios are calculated for you, you can view balance sheets/earning statements, corporate governance details, major shareholderinformation, etc.

Everything you need for company valuation and fundamental as well as technical analysis can be found on msn, google, yahoo, aol,etc. finance sections.

There is also a 10+ page thread on the stock market....on THIS page as well. The thread is full of a bunch of day traders, speculators and guys who read graphsall day. You're not going to find much fundamental analysis help (the Warren Buffet method) in the NT thread, but you'll be around guys suchs as myselfwho share your interest.

bottom line, if I knew the answer to your question off the top of my head I'd tell you. I have an idea, but it's better off you get the textbookdefinition from investopedia and then its application from investing forums and websites.

This link may help though
http://www.investopedia.com/university/advancedbond/advancedbond4.asp

Back
Top Bottom