I'm a Black Dude. This Mormon Wants to Recruit Me. What Should I Bring Up To Him???

So I was on stormfront.org earlier today reading about how America's falling off and whatnot, when I saw a link to what they called the "LDS Preparedness Manual." In order to download it I had to go on the LDS church website and submit my email address.

After downloading the manual, I got one of those automated emails asking me to become a member of the church. On a whim, I wrote back, saying "So what's the deal with Mormons and Black people? I'm Black but just don't think you guys rock with me."

A couple hours later, someone responded to me with this message:

"Beats me.
My son is preparing to marry a black lady.
So far as I know, "we" (MORMONS) have absolutely NO issues with blacks at all.
Just another color of God's children."

I wrote him back saying the following:

"Was she born a Mormon? Did she convert? Do you guys not like being called Mormons? I'm genuinely interested, because this is the first time I've been able to have a conversation with someone of your faith."

I really wanna figure out what's going on in the Mormon church when it comes to Black people, because I just don't think they're down for us. But I don't have the research to prove these claims.

What do ya'll know or think about the Mormon church and their history with Black folks?

sidenote: That manual is crazy detailed. Kinda has me thinking that if the apocalypse went down the mormons would be running things.

Last edited:
The Mormon church didn't recognize blacks as human until 1978
Sad...sad...sad.

Yet still, their "God", is one of love, and equality....
laugh.gif

Ask them why you should be Mormon instead of any other 1,000,000 religions with no evidence.

the book of mormon says multiple times that dark skin is a curse. on top of that, there are so many things throughout the book of mormon that contradict reality.

I had a conversation with a couple of Mormons that knocked on my door the other day... They pretty much said whatever they thought I wanted to hear.

What's up with official how to survive the apocalypse manual? What exactly are the preparing for? Cliffs please. Thanks.

I'm mormon...pm me if you have any questions.

i respect your wish for privacy and all, but I made this thread for a reason. Lets have this discussion in public.

Do you have to be a Mormon to go to BYU? Is BYU sports the biggest recruitment tool for Blacks?

Why are you a Mormon INSTEAD of any other religion? What about LDS reels you in?

What are some myths you hear all the time? What's the truth about em?

What's the deal with magic underwear?

i respect your wish for privacy and all, but I made this thread for a reason. Lets have this discussion in public.

Do you have to be a Mormon to go to BYU? Is BYU sports the biggest recruitment tool for Blacks?

No, yes, has something to do with purity and remind them of the covenant they made with the temple.

In HS like 1/3 of my friends were mormon and I don't think I ever caught any of them wearing it 
laugh.gif

Shout outs to all my mormon friends and their family's for respecting me and never once attempting to try to convert me or talk to me bout their religion, even when I'm at their church for breakfast or basketball. Cool folks IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

No, yes, has something to do with purity and remind them of the covenant they made with the temple.

In HS like 1/3 of my friends were mormon and I don't think I ever caught any of them wearing it :lol:

We don't wear the garments until we go thru the temple as adults

In HS like 1/3 of my friends were mormon and I don't think I ever caught any of them wearing it 
laugh.gif
Ahhh gotcha...... I wonder if Jimmer wears it

In HS like 1/3 of my friends were mormon and I don't think I ever caught any of them wearing it :lol:

Ahhh gotcha...... I wonder if Jimmer wears it

I would assume that he does but I can't speak for him. Most Mormons don't wear them during athletics so you wouldn't catch him wearing under his jersey.

Back
Top Bottom