[| -- IAAF 'Festival Of Excellence' Track Meet with USAIN BOLT (Thursday June 11th) -- |]

DYNAMICS

formerly diplomat tdot
Live on TSN @ 7:30

Tickets range from $50-$250 @ Varsity Arena (U of T)

I'm a big Athletics fan btw grew up on it since I was small.
laugh.gif

Here's the Official Website of Tomorrow's "Festival Of Excellence"

http://www.festivalofexcellence.ca/

Other notables in tomorrow's meet include: Perdita Felicien, Priscilla Lopes-Schliep, LaShawn Merritt, Damu Cherry, Stacy Dragila & BrianClay.

i saw this on the news and just about went
eek.gif
. ill guarantee to attend thatmeet if it all goes through.

track & field ftw
smokin.gif

on a side note: is it just me or the coverage for T&F gone downfill really badly in recent years? i used to watch all the major meets on tv as a kid andnow, besides the olympics, i can hardly remember the last time i saw any track n field in my programming. real disappointing, greatest sporting event

^ Oh yeah it has here and in the U.S. it's terrible sometimes I wish I lived in England or anywhere in Europe where Track & Field is soooo big outthere. I can't wait for the '09 Season especially the World Championships in Germany. Here CBC usually shows all the major Grand Prix meets on SaturdayAfternoons, I have every World Championships & Olympics on VHS/DVD from '92 and on, and 1 or 2 Canadian Championships, I need an inside connect @ CBCSports though that can help me with some things I'm missing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

^ Oh yeah it has here and in the U.S. it's terrible sometimes I wish I lived in England or anywhere in Europe where Track & Field is soooo big out there. I can't wait for the '09 Season especially the World Championships in Germany. Here CBC usually shows all the major Grand Prix meets on Saturday Afternoons, I have every World Championships & Olympics on VHS/DVD from '92 and on, and 1 or 2 Canadian Championships, I need an inside connect @ CBC Sports though that can help me with some things I'm missing.
laugh.gif
Get @ me.........

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

^ Oh yeah it has here and in the U.S. it's terrible sometimes I wish I lived in England or anywhere in Europe where Track & Field is soooo big out there. I can't wait for the '09 Season especially the World Championships in Germany. Here CBC usually shows all the major Grand Prix meets on Saturday Afternoons, I have every World Championships & Olympics on VHS/DVD from '92 and on, and 1 or 2 Canadian Championships, I need an inside connect @ CBC Sports though that can help me with some things I'm missing.
laugh.gif
man the world championships is a LONG way away. whens the first major meet of the season do you know?

ill have to find some online stream of some european channel to watch it. im sick of how many houuuuuurs of tsn sportscenter we get all morning long, all nightlong and in between events during the evening. regular programming doesnt even begin till almost noon on any sports network, just replays of their respectivesports news program. how hard is it to have like one dedicated T&F show .. on any one network sorta like the football show on the score with james. hoursand hours of coverage on the most meaningless of hockey stories yet theres not even a 5min recap of a track meet until its something very major. sportsnetworks in north america are incredibly one dimensional. i miss the diversity of sports channels all around the world

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090306/090306_bolt_toronto/20090306/?hub=CP24Sports

TORONTO - The world's fastest man is scheduled to tear up the track in Toronto.
Usain Bolt of Jamaica will race the 100 metres in the inaugural Toronto Festival of Excellence on June 11 at the rebuilt Varsity Stadium, his agent RickySimms told reporters in Jamaica.

"This is a new meeting and we are very happy to participate and give the many Jamaicans living in Canada the opportunity to see Usain compete,"said Simms, of PACE Sports Management, based in Middlesex, England.

Meet promoter John Carson said he couldn't comment on Bolt's participation in the event but that there would be a news release issued laterFriday.

Carson is also the meet director for the annual Classic Mile in Cambridge, Ont.

Bolt, 22, starred at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, breaking two world records in winning the 100 metres in 9.69 seconds and the 200 in 19.30. He also ledJamaica to a gold medal in the 4x100 relay.

He opened his season on Feb. 14 winning the 400 metres at a meet in Kingston, Jamaica. He'll run his first 100 metres of the season next Friday in St.Catherine, Jamaica.

The new Varsity Stadium seats 5,000 people but can be expanded for the Festival of Excellence. The stadium will also host the Canadian track and fieldchampionships from June 24 to 28, the first time the meet has been held in Toronto in 40 years.

It won't be the first time that Bolt has raced in Canada. The Jamaican won the 200 metres at the world youth championships in Sherbrooke, Que., in2003.

Bolt won Sportsman of the Year 2008 for Jamaica on Friday. He also took the IAAF Male Athlete of the Year award and Jamaica's Track and Field MaleAthlete of the

320_CP24_bolt_080816.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just saw it on the score
pimp.gif
yessssssir! ill be there guaranteed. june 11this marked with a giant symbol of swagger in my calendar

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hope to go to both Usain's event & the CT&FChampionships.

http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=50747.html

Wednesday, 27 May 2009
[h3]Crawford to challenge Bolt in Toronto 100m[/h3]

Usain Bolt of Jamaica on his way to winning the 100m
(Getty Images)

Toronto, Canada - American Shawn Crawford will lead the challenge against Jamaican Usain Bolt when the triple Olympic champion returns to action in the 100mat the Festival of Excellence meeting in Toronto on 11 June.

Bolt, 22, showed that he recovered quickly from injuries sustained during a car accident in April when he sped 14.35sec in a 150m race in Manchester on 17 May.

Crawford, the 2004 Olympic 200m champion who finished second over the distance behind Bolt in Beijing last summer, will lead the challengers in Toronto.Crawford has nine sub-10 second performances to his credit in the 100m.

Also in the field are Canadians Anson Henry and Jared Connaughton, Bolt's compatriots Marvin Anderson and Mario Forsythe, along with Americans BernardWilliams and Ivory Williams.

The race is the marquee event at the Festival of Excellence, which will also feature a men's and women's 400m, men's 110m Hurdles, a men's andwomen's mile and a women's 100m Hurdles, among others.
Organisers for the IAAF

Any info on Tickets? I just saw the commercial on TSN they'll be showing it LIVE @ 7:30 PM EST on June 11th.

I'm guessing between 7:30 and 8
smh.gif
because TSN is only showing that part of the meet, just terrible.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom