I want some Bo's now...

after reading this article. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=bojackson
pimp.gif
. I was in highschool during the Bo Jackson Phenomenom and had 2 or 3 pairs ofhis shoes. The medicineballs will alway be my favorites. Can someone refresh my memory with the Nike's that Bo wore and which OG colorways have beenretroed.

Thanks

Medicine Ball Dunk High just dropped at Indie shops for December.
Bo coloway from the Trainer.

Bo was all about the Trainers.

they've retroed them a couple times but always ruin it with wack colorways and crappy material.

can we get some OG colorways please?

very nice article, my fav athlete of all time beside mj (magic and mike) of course. Off the top of my head, OG colors they retroed were:

-AT1 chlorophyll 2000-2001- I dont know if this was his "sig" shoe necessarily, yes and no, he did rock them but was more known for the AT SC III andAT SC II in later years. Also, they released at white/blue/red pair originally, and the retro was a white/black/red pair identical to the chloros but with redhighlights, so I guess this really wouldn't count.

-AT3 aka AT SC medicine ball 2000 & 2003

-AT3 white/gray/lt blue 2000?

-AT3 white/gray/red 2000?

-AT3 black/gray raiders colors 2001? (seems like it was on OG color too but I can't be sure)

-AT SC III white/orange/purple 1998 - the one you see him in most of his old nike ads, probably the single nicest pair of BO's ever, need to be re-retroed

-Air Trainer 91 gray/blk/yellow 2004-5? - these are my least fav, prob got the name wrong too but you see the dunks they released recently were based offthose, besides the medi ball dunks finally,

(they didnt retro these out of all the shoes mentioned above:smile:

-AT SC II white/lime/teal/gray - the other ones you see him in those old school ads, probably the second nicest pair of Bo's ever (still looking for thiscolor myself)

NIKE PLEASE RETRO THESE ONCE AND FOR ALL! YOURE MISSING A BIG PIECE OF BO'S HISTORY HERE!

PEEP THE LIMES AT 00:09 and 00:17

Just got done reading that article and hour ago. Didnt know he referred to himself in the third person.

The "Bo Knows" campaign was awesome. I remember those clips like it was yesterday.

And yeah, next time they retro these, they need some OG colors.

PDone basically has all that needs to be said.

To add and clarify a bit from what i know:

-AT3 white/gray/red 2000?

I dont think those were a OG C/W.
trainer3_wht_gry_red_3.jpg

-The other OG colorway that made its way into a retro was the white/navy/red which came out in 2001.
atsc1.jpg

-AT3 medicine ball trainers only came out once in 2000, in limited euro quantities.
AirTrainer3WhtWhtNavy1.JPG

-AT3 white grey blue came out again in 2001
250138922-13.jpg

From what I know, those were the only three OG colorways of that model.

I dont think these were OG colorways but a retro raider colorway did come out in 2001-2003:
trainer3_2.thumb.jpg

Regarding the Air trainer 1s. There is one raider colorway that was rereleased in 2000 along with the chlorophylls:
trainer12.jpg

Now, regarding the air trainer sc III, aka the auburn orange and blue shoe.

-raider colorway released 3-4 times beginning in around 1998 in diff. color themes of black/grey:
bonike1.gif

bonike2.gif

-rereleased in 1998 i think.. infrareds:
4ebb_1.JPG

-rereleased around 1998-2000. blue version off a basic white/grey shoe model:
abcd_1.JPG

Sadly since 2003, there hasnt been anything worth mentioning really. No OG colorway rereleases since that time. I dont count these:
02346002_l.jpg

as true OG c/w reproductions. they just dont do it like the first black/grey set. sadly thats the closest weve gotten

Plain & simple Bo Jackson cross trainers are simply awesome - take the right athlete besides MJ + the right shoe & ad campaign = magic

What up Wally? LOL always dropping the visual aids
roll.gif

word wally, word. man i'd love to own a pair of those raiders SC III's with the 34 on the back, grail status right there. I've owned most of theshoes in the pics you posted, sadly most of them I've parted with.

Regarding the medicine ball AT III's, I owned a few pairs, and funny thing is that although they both have a run of X out of 3000 printed on them, one Ihad showed a production date in 2000, the other in 2003. The pair made in 2003 had a much more true to size fit. The pair made in 2000 was a bit undersized,kind of like the 2000 AT I chlorophylls, you have to buy a half size bigger in those. I know other people hav experienced the same with the chloros (w/ochecker board).

And those infrared AT SC III's, I dont think those were retroed, I have the OG pair pictured, but never saw them retroed in 98. I could be wrong, butI've never seen that. And yes around 2000-2001 there was a true auburn pair of the AT SC III's released with navy and dark orange, not to be confusedwith the OG white/purple/orange that is so highly sought. I have that auburn pair, never had the guts to rock em since thats my only pair. The actually closelyresemble the Dominican Replublic SC III's, what a random shoe that was, at least for pre-2003 retros. Now they have all kinds of packs and themes andwhatnot.

Some dude on ebay recently has been selling a bunch of SC III's from around 98-00, some of them have the old red/black box, so dope. One pair I had neverseen that he had was an alternate raider colorway, you could tell they had quality material, prob from 98, but the toe box and side panels had grey nubuckinstead of the black pairs you have pictured, the rest was black. Weird I had never seen those EVER, i'm sure someone on here may have swooped them upbecause dude ended the auction early. I may have saved those pics but can't find them. I know there's an NT member on here going just NUTSO withpicking up all kinds of older retro models like chloros for $500, AT III's like you have pictured above in navy/blue, this man definitely has good taste inthe OG stuff, albeit retro models.

On a side note, I think sometime next year I'm going to get a few pairs of my OG Bo Jackson trainers autographed by the man himself, apparantly he stillhits the sports memorabilia circuits, who knew.

Keep this thread going, I want to read/see some things about Bo and his kicks that I never knew. Peace. - PD

Damn, this just brings back all kinds of memories. I always wanted those trainers with the 34 on the back. I wonder if those were an L.A. exclusive. I, likemany, wondered what if he had ran out of bounds. Hopefully in the near future I can get some Raiders colorway trainers to go with a Jackson Raiders jersey.

Originally Posted by xxSC Trojanxx

I always wanted those trainers with the 34 on the back. I wonder if those were an L.A. exclusive.
i had the OG raiders color w/ the 34 on the back years ago...i got them somewhere in NY

i think they were exclusives though...maybe one of the first exclusive nike releases ever
laugh.gif

pd1, tonystarks1 has a pair of the retro infrared trainers im pretty sure, as well as those grey nubuck pair you were talking about:

http://niketalk.com/topic/4568
first photo and last photo

ive seen a few of those infrareds on ebay over the years. the pairs i saw were alittle less bright and more of a red color each and every time. The OG as shownin that photo has some brightness to it.

nice info on the medicine balls. i never knew of two seperate release dates. the two pairs i have are both 2000.

tony, can you confirm those infrareds are retros?

nice info, pduno and wallyhopp! i absolutely love the "auburn" at sc iii... we definitely need a re-retro!

Originally Posted by Lip Dunk

Medicine Ball Dunk High just dropped at Indie shops for December.
Bo coloway from the Trainer.

Bo was all about the Trainers.

thats like telling someone they should get a pair of blk/altitude dunks because they like jordan.

Wally mine are in fact the retros from 98. The one pictured above I believe are the OG's! The retro's don't bleed like the OG's! And PD OneI'm the dude that Raiders colorway from that ebay seller. I've actually gotten a couple from him, he seems to have a bunch of 98 Bo Jacksons.

Easily one of my favorites. As far as the infrared SC III's, they have never been retroed. Nike released a somewhat close retro in 2000 but instead ofinfrared it was varsity red. Thy also had a few other differences such as a solid gray toe and gray colored around the air pockets. They also had a solidwhite tongue with Nike in red letters as opposed to the solid red tongue on the infrareds. I was confused on the AT III medicine ball release but i noticedboth my pairs were released in 2003 and not 2000.

Im not even gonna ask how much you got those alt raider trainer for tony! very nice pick up, havent seen those in my life. I remember those kind of reddishtrainers now, as opposed to infrared, but it sure is true that the OG infrareds bleed like a mofo, weird.

tonystarks1 and freshkicks95, both you dudes are air trainer beasts!

Do either one of you own any OG AT III's or AT SC II's?

Back
Top Bottom