I understand Encore, but how can Em dog Relapse?

balloonoboy

Banned
The album was sooo damn good.

It was probably his most lyrical to date and it really dealt with the problem of drug abuse and its affects.

I know I'm not alone when I say I was surprised to hear him dog it not once, but twice on Recovery.

Encore was #%%@ and he can dog that til the cows come home, to be honest.

I wasn't a fan of Relapse since my 1st listen. It just has no replay value & a very select few good songs. In my point of view, it just was a below average album. Maybe compared to other rappers it was good... But I think we all knew Em could've done better. & he showed that on Recovery.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I know I'm not alone when I say I was surprised to hear him dog it not once, but twice on Recovery.
Only you and the rest of the blind stans were surprised. He didn't tell me anything I didn't know.

I wouldn't call the album "garbage" but it wasn't good either. Relapse had absolutely NO replay value and that gay @%* voice throughout the whole !%%# brought it even more notches down.

It's nice he can look back at his work and give an honest opinion on it...Em knows he has a high standard to meet on his albums and he came nowhere near that on Relapse. Funny how a bunch of _'s told all you dudes last year and we were given the "hater" label yet Em himself says it and now _'s wanna have discussions.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i enjoyed Relapse, even copped it and it still gets played....  i personally think Relapse is better than that wack +#* Encore album

i dunno i would say there's at least 4 songs on Relapse that i want to listen to every day ... and the CD is a breathe of fresh air once a week when i forget my ipod and i reach for a cd in the car ... i think he's just playing off the consensus and the hate he got for his accent ... it's cool to know that he actually hears what people say though ...

what other rappers do what he does? listens and delivers without giving a ##!! ...

Its still a very good album. I Love it. I think its stupid he's down talking it when Encore was his one and only bad album.

i only like beautiful and 3 am of of the relapse and I'm glad he didn't have any stupid "first single" songs on recovery. Not afraid is the perfect single to start off recovery!

I liked Relapse, but it had no replay value. Dropping that ******ed We Made You as a first single didnt help matters either. I think most people expected a more serious album after everything he went through (Proof's death, divorce, etc.) I feel like Recovery is what the Relapse album should have been and what people expected.

I honestly think its just the voice thats annoying him so he continues to poke fun at it.

3AM
Beautiful
Stay Wide Awake
Same Song and Dance
Da Javu [one of his best]

Are all excellent songs. My only problem with the album is the chorus on 'My Mom' and I really dislike 'Insane'. Besides that, its a great album imo.

i actually liked relapse but i think he said that b/c relapse isn't up to par to what he could really do.

however, deja vu, beautiful, and stay wide awake are 3 of his best songs. deja vu is RIDICULOUS.

Beautiful was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Other then that, Stay Wide Awake, and De Ja Vu, the album wasnt good.

But if people like it, then its their opinion.
I dont know why people flame others for enjoying the album.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Only you and the rest of the blind stans were surprised. He didn't tell me anything I didn't know.

I wouldn't call the album "garbage" but it wasn't good either. Relapse had absolutely NO replay value and that gay @%* voice throughout the whole !%%# brought it even more notches down. 

Relapse is one of Eminem's best album's in my opinion. (Top 3/4)

I'm one of the select few, that like the "Accent" he puts on, because he USUALLY goes in like no other, when he changes his voice...

I'm an eminem fan but seriously....relapse was one of the worst things i have ever heard. That CD was horrible. 3am? how many times can you hear that line about his step dad raping him. There is some replay value. I listened once and was like what is this no thanks. Beautiful? The Lyrics and chorus are so disconnected. He is like rapping about himself the whole song and is all o god its hard to be me. Then he is like don't let em say YOU ain't beutiful. Like huh? what? i felt like he put the chorus from a socially uplifting song onto the wrong track.

The whole voice gimmick dis-allowed me to listen to almost the rest of the album. I didn't think one song on there was worth my time.

Thank god for recovery because that whole album is a masterpiece. THANK YOU EMINEM

The album was sooo damn good.

It was probably his most lyrical to date and it really dealt with the problem of drug abuse and its affects.

Encore was #%%@ and he can dog that til the cows come home, to be honest.
Haha, Relapse over Encore?

You stupid, doggy?

Originally Posted by Star Scream

Beautiful was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Other then that, Stay Wide Awake, and De Ja Vu, the album wasnt good.

But if people like it, then its their opinion.
I dont know why people flame others for enjoying the album.

Back
Top Bottom