I Missed My New Hire Orientation...Do I still Have A Job?

I already been to work there a few days but I forgot about the orientation for the new hires yesterday. It was supposed to be an hour and a half meeting, but Ihave no idea if it was mandatory or not. I don't want to call because I think it would be harder for them to fire me in person if that were the case...sodo I still have a gig? Its seasonal at Macys by the way..

I just got hired at Macy's last month for seasonal its mandatory I almost didn't go because they only do it Mon and Tues 5-8 and I have school bothdays at that time, so I had to miss school.

Talk to your supervisor and/or make up a good excuse and be sure to go next week.

you're done before you even started
smh.gif

I would not hire you back. There are people who will do the same thing that you were supposed to do, but be punctual at the same time.

If I were you though, I would call your department manager and make up an excuse as soon as possible. If you make it look like it was out of your control, thenthey may understand. If you were incompetent, then kiss your job goodbye.

Man...all you dudes saying no, what are y'all basing that on? Experience or opinion?

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

I just got hired at Macy's last month for seasonal its mandatory I almost didn't go because they only do it Mon and Tues 5-8 and I have school both days at that time, so I had to miss school.

Talk to your supervisor and/or make up a good excuse and be sure to go next week.
did you tell them that?

i'm pretty sure if you tell them your situation they'll consider it. espicially if you have SCHOOL....

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

I just got hired at Macy's last month for seasonal its mandatory I almost didn't go because they only do it Mon and Tues 5-8 and I have school both days at that time, so I had to miss school.

did you tell them that?

i'm pretty sure if you tell them your situation they'll consider it. espicially if you have SCHOOL....
Yea they only do it Mon and Tues if I didn't go I wouldn't have been able to start until was out school (Dec 15th) which was a month fromthe day I got offered the job. So I just missed school.

QueenCitySneakerQueen wrote:
Just show up for work like nothing happened
Why everyone always do that when they know there $%! fired?
roll.gif
dudes be showing up like its gravy once that manager see you its a wrap in front of everyone.TRUST ME
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

That's what I'm thinking about doing but I don't want them to just tell me I'm fired as soon as I come through the door

Originally Posted by YungMooly

Man...all you dudes saying no, what are y'all basing that on? Experience or opinion?
I have to fire new people at my job that dont show up for meetings- only because if the don't show up with reason in advance, why would Itrust them to be punctual with their upcoming schedules. Nothing personal. Business is business IMO

Originally Posted by JP310

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

yea and act stupid
laugh.gif
This might actually work because they didn't even pay me for orientation for some reason, but I was there. You can just say you forgot to signin the sheet cuz you were nervous. They just talked about the store really talked about a few things from the handout they gave out and showed us around andhow to look at our schedules, and go through the employee door and where to park pretty much thats it.

I say cause I'm a retail manager. And that's what I would do.

From the sounds of it, you just forgot. If you had school or something that conflicted with your schedule, than I would understand given proper notice. But tojust forget? SMH

How good are you at sales? And I ask because you're going to sell them on the idea that the job isn't a joke and you're serious about coming ontime. Not a good first impression my dude.

i have new hire training tomorrow and friday... im going to be sure and NOT miss it
laugh.gif

don't you get paid to go to the new hire orientation? I know I did for my job, if you getting paid to go why wouldn't you go?

Back
Top Bottom