I Have a BIG Problem With The Hype on Griffeys

Yes NT, I'm mad. Lotta the people wanting the Griffeys so badly are the same people saying "ugh baseball sucks", "baseball is boring","baseball is not a sport". so why the hell would you want a signature shoe from one of the greatest baseball players of all time? It's likesaying you hate basketball but you buy Jordans, it's ******ed and hypocrtical. There should be a test you need to write about Griffey before purchasingthe shoes to screw over all the hypebeasts and people who don't even care about Griffey/baseball.

tired.gif

Does it really matter? Buy shoes because you like them. Millions of people buy basketball shoes and dont play basketball. Just get over it..

Originally Posted by CeeJay1523

Does it really matter? Buy shoes because you like them. Millions of people buy basketball shoes and dont play basketball. Just get over it..
but if you dislike or hate basketball then it's stupid, or if you hate michael jordan but buy Jordans.

well I probably fall into that category.

These shoes hold a lot of nostalgia for me, my buddy when he and I were kids didn't have a lot of money and he got a pair of these Griffeys Which was a bigdeal to him. So I want to get them to bring me back to that time and I like the shoes in general. I don't really like baseball at all.

^ I dont like baseball either, but ill still buy the griffeys because i like em'. And i would also say that those people who say they HATE baseball and arestill going to buy the Griffeys are only a small percentage. Majority of people will either buy them because they like the shoe and dont care for baseball orthey buy them because of baseball.

You do realize that you're on a SNEAKER board, right? People here like shoes regardless of what sport they're made for.

I agree ceeJay

and I think the shoe is designed to have mass appeal, it's not your typical baseball shoe which is why so many people like it.

I bought the Griffey remixes. They were 30% off at Eastbay. I couldn't pass that up.

I honestly don't think every single person who buys, jordans lebrons, kobes... or any other BBALL shoe plays basketball...

I do on the other hand have years and years of basketball/baseball experience so I like the griffeys and all the other shoes I mentioned....

regardless if anyone plays a sport, if they see a shoe that stimulates their desires in a shoe... they're gonna buy...

hype beasts will hype anything up, plain and simple...

the yeezy shoe is a prime example.

just because kanye wears it somone is gonna buy them and label them "HOT"

ugh baseball sucks, baseball is boring, baseball is not a sport.

People buy shoes on looks alone, most of the kids that will buy the Griffey's when they release won't even know how great he really would have been hadhe not been hurt numerous times. His homerun total would have blown away what Bonds was able to do. I am glad he has made it into the 600 hr club, would loveto see him land as a DH and get at least a couple more seasons to slug some out.

I myself had these back in the day in the regular shoe as well as the cleats.

In my opinion baseball is booooring to watch but fun to play.

I'm from seattle so I have always liked Griffey and I always will.

The whole gettin mad cause people are buyin a shoe for a sport they don't play is stupid.

How many people here buy SB's but don't skate?

A lot.

How many wear old school runnin shoes on a daily basis but don't run?

A lot.

How many new colorways of jordan 1's have been droppin regardless of the fact no one hoops in them anymore?

A lot.

I buy lots of really cool basketball shoes yet I stay hoopin in 2k3's and lebron 2's for the last 5 years.

You honestly think cause people don't like baseball they should be excluded from some cool shoes?

That is ridiculous.

I love this shoe.

I love baseball.

Op, don't worry, these will not sell out. They will be like any other Nike Retro (Foams is the exception), like the CB34, Penny II's, etc. There willbe enough for the couple of people that truly like the shoe to buy a couple of pairs.

I'm getting 2,
smokin.gif

Clearly, you have missed the part where sneaker culture has transcended the sports that shoes represent.

I know a lot of people who attend classes and don't care too much for what's being spewed from the mouths of professors...

but they're there to acquire that document that will help them land a decent job or career.

Being a seattlelite all my life, and a band-wagon fan, i've always been partial to Griffey. Does that mean i enjoy Mariner baseball? When their record isabove 500, yes. But let's be practical... i'm like all those who don't care about America's pasttime (and whether or not they appreciateGriffey like i do, doesn't matter), it boils down to the product. I like the sneakers because they're hot.

Does their have to be a logical tie-in with the idea that one must adore the sport to admire a well-designed cross trainer shoe?

If that's the case, i'm going to tell my little cousin this saturday to cancel his birthday at Chucky Cheese's cuz he hates rats.

I hear what you're sayin, but its hardly anything new...

Take the Air Tech Challenge's for example... a lot of guys liked the Lava's, doubling-up on them and whatnot, but I think a lot of them don't evenwatch tennis or even know much about Agassi. But it is what it is and at the end of the day, guys buy the shoes cuz they either like them or are on-boardbecause of the hype. There's nothing you can do about it other than accept it.

I was in Seattle when the M's made their incredible run in '95 and am a huge Jr. fan... Having owned a pair of the OG's back then, these are verynostalgic for me.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by CeeJay1523

but if you dislike or hate basketball then it's stupid, or if you hate michael jordan but buy Jordans.

who would hate griffey??? i HATE baseball, but am a Griffey fan, explain that doctor

Back
Top Bottom