HypeBeasts!

oxygen

Banned
The Olympic 6s released today? i didnt even know. I used to be a avid sneaker head from like 16-18, so that was like 2008-2010. Back then the shoe game wasn't so hyped up. Where did all the hype come from to be 2010-2012?? I remember there was no lines and reselling like now. Now a days i don't even mess with Jordan and all the hyped up BS, anybody else feel the same? I mean i remember looking up on retro releases and %!!, but now i dont even know what Jays,Foams,Kobes, Etc. are releasing.

Simply put everyone wants to be cool so the majority (young adults/kids) turned into hypebeasts.
Today for the Olympic 6 & Pippen release for example, alot of people wanted to cop just because, while others were there to flip.

Myself and only a few other people were there to cop&rock, and knew the history of the shoe.

A lot of people didn't even know what the Pippens were 
ohwell.gif

idk but because of all these people now wearing jordans and stuff it discourages me from wearing mines. i dont wanna be wearing the same shoes as a 13 year old. feels wierdd

I've stopped caring for the newer releases for a few years now...just trying to get a few pairs here and there that I find for cheap. I guess more of the hype started coming from celebrities wearing the kicks, and the public just caught on.
Honestly though, knowing the history of shoes is something you should just keep to yourself and appreciate for what it is. It shouldn't be something to prove to others that you're a "sneakerhead"...like any random kid can be "sneakerologists" overnight and tell you all the facts and stuff you want to know about sneakers simply by googling for a few seconds. I'm not gonna go around and chat up with people and be like "Yeah man, the Jordan 6s are heat. Michael Jordan wore this model when he won his first championship in 1991 and they were designed by the great Tinker Hatfield with a retail price 125." Also, not wearing certain shoes simply because you're not the only with them is kind of silly to me. At the end of the day, shoes are just...shoes, and it's mindblown to see people get all hyped up and crazy to the point of injuries and killings happening over pieces of rubber and leather that were manufactured by kids in Asia for less than $10
ohwell.gif

Per someone's sig:

Sneaker collecting is dead; the sooner you figure that out, the happier you'll be.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I ventured into the Jordan forum. I rather stick to runners and Vans that wear Jordans to impress other guys.

Originally Posted by Oxygen

The Olympic 6s released today? i didnt even know. I used to be a avid sneaker head from like 16-18, so that was like 2008-2010. Back then the shoe game wasn't so hyped up. Where did all the hype come from to be 2010-2012?? I remember there was no lines and reselling like now. Now a days i don't even mess with Jordan and all the hyped up BS, anybody else feel the same? I mean i remember looking up on retro releases and !$$, but now i dont even know what Jays,Foams,Kobes, Etc. are releasing.
i remember reselling and lines in 06

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Sneaker collecting is dead; the sooner you figure that out, the happier you'll be.
Sad but true... have been slowly coming to this realization.
frown.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

Simply put everyone wants to be cool so the majority (young adults/kids) turned into hypebeasts.
Today for the Olympic 6 & Pippen release for example, alot of people wanted to cop just because, while others were there to flip.

Myself and only a few other people were there to cop&rock, and knew the history of the shoe.

ohwell.gif

you have to know about the shoe to buy it?
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

no offense, im sick of this hypebeast stuff myself but you have to know the history and about the shoe in order to buy it? SMH give me a break, if you like the shoe then buy it, thats it.

it's really out of hand nowadays 
I mean I couldn't even cop Uptempo's or CB 180's today which says a lot; the last time the Olympic 180's released they hit sale racks for like 50%

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Sad but true... have been slowly coming to this realization.
frown.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
weird my sig other sig was similar to that.
I knew someones' sig said that. I couldn't think of who if not I would have quoted you on that. 
I didn't want to claim ownership and that's why I put "per someone's sig"

People used to laugh when I copped Pippens, Kidd's, Deons, and different posites ...

I can vividly remember a chick calling my griffeys "cheap boo boo nikes "

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

ohwell.gif

you have to know about the shoe to buy it?
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

no offense, im sick of this hypebeast stuff myself but you have to know the history and about the shoe in order to buy it? SMH give me a break, if you like the shoe then buy it, thats it.
well said

I remember people calling Foamposites ugly and "moon-boots," but once hype started, everyone wants phoambs.

I pretty much sold off all my sneakers in the past month
I stick with a pair of Jordan 1, Max 90, Max 87, Infrared 6's and Koston's

I thought I was the only one who didn't buy shoes like that. I mean if I like them then I willcop, but I'm not into collecting anymore. I find it a waste to spend over 200 for a pair of shoes. I'm broke though, so what would I know.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

it's really out of hand nowadays 
I mean I couldn't even cop Uptempo's or CB 180's today which says a lot; the last time the Olympic 180's released they hit sale racks for like 50%

Patience. They'll come back down to earth. 

The recipe for Sneakerhead Hustling:
1.  drink hype
2. camp
3. cop
4. tweet "heat" at 100% markup
5. complain about lowballers
6. tweet "heat" at 50% markup or "OBO"
7. scramble for sales receipt
8. return to retail
9. retailers restock
10. repeat steps 1 thru 9

Originally Posted by retrospect90

I find it a waste to spend over 200 for a pair of shoes. I'm broke though, so what would I know.

Same applies to me. 
I wear my $50 Vans much more than I wear a pair of $300 Jordans.

These hype cats don't affect me. Let em do them, in 2 years they'll have forgotten sneakers and will be camping out for something else. In 5 years they'll probably be "camping out" at the unemployment office too. As long as you just wear what you like, another person's choice shouldn't have any effect on you.

not gonna lie I want a pair of foambs but don't wanna pay over 200 or 300

& hell, I'll even take beaters but nobody sells those either.

ohwell.gif
This  
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom