How often do you toss/replace socks, undershirts, undergarments?

I have several socks, under shirts ( wife beaters), and boxers/briefs. I began to think how long have I had these? Of course these items get wash after every wear. I have a pair of boxers from at least 5 years ago that I still wear and wash regularly. I'm thinking of tossing or donating everything and pickin up what I need as I go.

My question is how often do you toss,donate,or replace your socks, undershirts, and undergarments?

U gonna donate yo boxers b?
Lol
I replace socks ALOT because i always lose one out of the pair.
Boxers and undershirts i buy when my current ones dont look fresh.

Clean nice pair of boxers is very necessary to me.

Who TF wants your old holy *** draws?

I keep no tabs on underwear, I always got em when I need em. If I don't got it I get it.

Re-up on draws once a month. Socks are mostly Elite socks so I'm rocking those until the bottoms fall out. T-shirts I need to replace more often tho.

I grab a 6 pack of hanes/fruit of the loom white ts, boxers, and ankle socks every time I go to target. For dress/fancy/casual socks, I get like 5 pairs a month from various places.

Re-up on draws once a month. Socks are mostly Elite socks so I'm rocking those until the bottoms fall out. T-shirts I need to replace more often tho.
Once a month? You don't think that's a bit too often?

Here's a life hack for making your boxers last longer. Wear the same pair every other day that way you can let out the stink on the off days.

socks - often (maybe 15-20 pairs every 4-6 months)

undershirts - buy 2 3-5 packs about twice a year or sooner if they get too flimsy.

thongs - til they rip. srs.

Underwear: when the elastic goes or they wear through.

Socks: usually when they get a hole. Fading I can cope with - the ones I wear for work are black wool (the bomb!) and don't fade and my regular black crew socks are just for knocking around in. I keep a few pairs of better ones for sports etc - not as often as if like nowadays though.

Undershirts seem to get scruffy after a few wears. I must have coarse hair because the neck gets trashed. I relegate them to sleeping after that. A pack from Costco lasts a year or so though - don't wear thrm much. I've got a lot more compression shirts and they stay looking better for longer. My black LS one was cheap and the cuffs are going bobbly but the rest are fine.

Last edited:
I have way too many pairs of socks at this point. Pretty sure I got at least 10 pair for Christmas.:lol: :smh:

I could probably go a month without wearing the same pair twice.

I need to re up on boxers, though. My favorite pair is a pair of Jockeys and I can't find them anywhere. I'm riding these things out until the wheels fall off, b.

Last edited:
^I have that problem too. I bought Fruit of the Loom a few years ago that were perfect. Tried to get more and they've ruined the style - the first pack felt like they were up to my armpits so I bought a lower rise and they're too low. I'm going to have to find a new brand soon and load up.

I bought a bunch of packs of boxers from h&m last Christmas when they had the 2 packs for $5 and all of them are still going strong with no holes.

I go through socks really quick so I have to replace them once every 2-3 months. Boxers I wear until the elastic wears out, which is usually once a year

U gonna donate yo boxers b?
Lol
I replace socks ALOT because i always lose one out of the pair.
Boxers and undershirts i buy when my current ones dont look fresh.

Clean nice pair of boxers is very necessary to me.
1 sock out of the pair goes missing, huh.

Reactions: Ox.
since we're on the topic of undergarments, yall do boxers or boxer briefs? Currently doing boxers but thinking of switching to briefs

Socks: Every 3-5 years

Underwear: 5-8 years*

Undershirts: Once a year

I'm usually able to do an okay job with keeping up with my socks. I don't drag my feet and I don't walk around with just them on so they never really get that stained.

I still have underwear from high school that I wear. The only time I purchase more underwear is if my weight changes or they start getting holes.

I find I have to replace my undershirts once a year because of antiperspirant stains, and/or tomato stains(never fails smh).

* = Depends on a number of variables.

Last edited:
The women love boxer briefs cause they can see the imprint. Which makes zero sense because they're about to get the real deal anyway so it really doesn't matter.

For those of yall losing socks there is a simple solution. 1. Roll your socks up when you put them in the hamper and unroll when it's time to sort. 2. Spin the washer after you're done washing so you make sure nothing is left i there. I have never lost an item while washing clothes

30 pairs of underwear ...7 pairs get washed weekly. 

Socks maybe 20 pairs ...all get washed weekly

Undershirts, I've been slacking, maybe 2 wife beaters, 6 undershirts (3 black (ashy gray now) and 3 white (egg white now). 
mean.gif

Socks,once and toss them unless they are dress socks those get replaced every few months....

Boxers: rotate about 15. 3-5 new per year, 3-5 tossed per year.

Undershirts: Blow through quick. Rotate maybe 10 v's and 10 crews. Get new packs every 4-6 months.

Socks: Wear them till theres holes or they get too lose. Years upon years b.

Son talkin about donating these items :smh:

Back
Top Bottom