How loud do you listen to your music? Vol: My ears are ringing

I listen to the ipod a lot w tha earbuds esp when im liftin at the gym. i gotta have it decently loud so i can hear it over the fans blowin, weights clankin,people yellin...i dont know if i noticed before or not but i kinda have a slight ringing in my ears. prob losing my hearing at 25. not a good look.

When I'm at the gym listening to my iPod, I listen to it as loud as it goes. When I'm in the car listening to my iPod, I listen to it as loud as thestereo goes. But when I'm at home, I listen to music on my MacBook, and the speakers on the MacBook SUCK, so they're not loud at all. Regardless,I'm probably going to go deaf by the time I'm 40.

Well it depends on the tone of the music..

Chill music like Jack Johnson, Zero 7...Low
M83, Mew... Loud

How loud? Well let's just say this morning I was on the train and the woman next to me was trying to sleep. She taps me and is like " can you pleaselower down your music? I can hear it from here." I was like
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
grin.gif

I am paranoid about being a deaf old geezer so I hardly ever go above 50% volume on my iPod and I keep the music in my car relatively low too most of the time.

yeah this is buggin me, its not a loud ringing and maybe its always been there but i notice a very slight ringing now 24/7.

Loud enough so you can know which Cass track I'm bumpin at the time
laugh.gif
...don't like it? Move.

Y'all are gonna go deaf by 40.

Buy some noise-cancelling earphones...

Noise-cancelling @ low volume > regular iPod earphones @ loud

some songs sound so much better when they are extra loud...i listen to my music as loud as possible except on my computer cuz i don't want to be rude to myroommates...

I listen to it way louder than I should but some songs are really low so I have to turn it up and I just keep it up...

Originally Posted by atlballa15

I am paranoid about being a deaf old geezer so I hardly ever go above 50% volume on my iPod and I keep the music in my car relatively low too most of the time.

Word, I locked my iPod volume at about 50%, and it's definitely loud enough. I don't understand why people turn it up louder.

Yea like said by almost everybody in this thread I'll def be deaf by 40
smh.gif

when i have my ipod at school and someone wants to hear it... they bump the volume alllll the waaaaay up... like DAAAAAAAAMN man your gonna pop my earphones.
smh.gif

my earphones go deep (nh) so the volume doesnt have to be so high so that it can sound loud and make you zone out.

The amount of time signifies how much time is left before amounts of permanant hearing loss will occur.
[table][tr][td]
Continuous dB
[/td] [td]
Permissible Exposure Time
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
85 db
[/td] [td]
8 hours
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
88 dB
[/td] [td]
4 hours
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
91 db
[/td] [td]
2 hours
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
94 db
[/td] [td]
1 hour
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
97 db
[/td] [td]
30 minutes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
100 db
[/td] [td]
15 minutes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
103 db
[/td] [td]
7.5 minutes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
106 dB
[/td] [td]
3.75 min (< 4min)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
109 dB
[/td] [td]
1.875 min (< 2min)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
112 dB
[/td] [td]
.9375 min (~1 min)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
115 dB
[/td] [td]
.46875 min (~30 sec)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

If your ears are ringin' [tinnitus] afterwards... it's too loud for your ears.

I use to listen to music loud...until I read this article about apple headphones and people messing up their ears...so now i only listen to music loud when Ineed to like when I am driving on the freeway or something otherwise I just listen at a normal level

Back
Top Bottom