How long is your commute to work?

How long does it take you to get to your job? Do you hit any traffic on the way there or your return trip?

I just got this job so I've only made the commute once for the interview but its 1.5 hours each way. Its only 40 miles away but its gridlock traffic...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Atlanta really sucks man, the lack of public transportation, carpooling, and alternate routes just make it a pain to be around. I need to leave.

Last edited:
Morning - 30/35 min

Afternoon - 35/45 min

I don't mind the drive...I like clearing my head after a long day.

Traffic and the DC Metro area go hand in hand. I used to drive 70+ miles each way South with no traffic for a total commute time of about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Now I live about 18-20 miles from the office and it takes an hour+ each way. When I work at the Government site, I can slug to work and it only takes about 25 minutes.

Traffic and the DC Metro area go hand in hand. I used to drive 70+ miles each way South with no traffic for a total commute time of about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Now I live about 18-20 miles from the office and it takes an hour+ each way. When I work at the Government site, I can slug to work and it only takes about 25 minutes.
DC traffic aint no joke...mines is from HoCo to downtown Bethesda. I use public transit though so I'm waiting a little bit to catch a bus or in between them. Plus i usually walk to the bus stop near me so that adds 20 mins or so. door to door I'd say an hour 45 on a good day. 

I leave at 4:30 am to get to my office by around 6:15.

65 miles. 1 hour 15 mins in the AM and 1 hour and 30-45 mins in the afternoon but can be more regularly.

Bel air MD - Greenbelt MD thanks 295 i hope you die in a fire

When the are schools are in session and I'm not in "busy season" 40-45 minutes (to go 7 miles).

When I'm in busy season and/or the schools aren't in session 15 minutes.

1:20 but then I'm 20 minutes early for work so it's kinda like 1:40.
MD
Leave house at 6:20
Drive 20 minutes to commuter rail
Take commuter rail 30 minutes to metro station
DC
Take two metro lines ~30 minutes to arrive at work ~20 minutes early.
VA

Now this is the typical DMV commute....take the MARC to a commuter lot to Metro to walk 5 blocks to get there. It is truly insane what people in this area are forced to do to get to work. The money is good here, but there is no peace of mind and convenience. I can't wait to move somewhere warm with less people. Arizona is calling me.

15 min drive to the Metro station

40/50 min train ride to DC,

I usually leave me house around 7:10 and arrive to work at like 8:20ish

About an hour each way give or take 15 mins

20 mile drive from MD(PG) to DC(NW)

Last edited:
Now this is the typical DMV commute....take the MARC to a commuter lot to Metro to walk 5 blocks to get there. It is truly insane what people in this area are forced to do to get to work. The money is good here, but there is no peace of mind and convenience. I can't wait to move somewhere warm with less people. Arizona is calling me.
My friend got a job out there doing government work. He loves it in Phoenix.

My friend got a job out there doing government work. He loves it in Phoenix.

Nice. I lived out in Phoenix for a bit back in 2005 and used to visit family there growing up. I loved it out there and the weather was consistent. Just used to always pop a lot of basketball balls on the cacti near the courts. I was just hoping to get a few more years experience and then transfer or find a position out there.

Nice. I lived out in Phoenix for a bit back in 2005 and used to visit family there growing up. I loved it out there and the weather was consistent. Just used to always pop a lot of basketball balls on the cacti near the courts. I was just hoping to get a few more years experience and then transfer or find a position out there.
Maybe I'll see you out there
laugh.gif
. I've been thinking about transferring out of Orlando.

My commute is about 40 minutes each way. I leave my house at 7:20 am and get to work around 8:00 am. Not much traffic on my way to work. Coming back there's a little but nothing too bad. I take toll roads that way I can avoid the awful I-4 traffic.

Back
Top Bottom