How do you all overcome your flaws

I have been knowing for sometime that I am a bull ****ter.I know how to get the job done but I often coast my way through life. A friend of mine from college recently told me in the 13 years he has known me, I have never applied myself.

It's crazy to me that I have done fairly well as a BSn dude. BUT I can only imagine what I could accomplish if I really apply myself.

Do any of you have this problem? How do you get past it? I'm 31 years old and I do believe I can change, but I don't know where to start.

Every day you wake up, think about how you can do some good today. Each task you do, try to do it the best you can. You have a 9-5 job, no matter what it is, put in that work, you'll feel good at 5 knowing you put in an honest day's work. You gonna mow the lawn?Mow the hell out of that lawn. Gonna cook dinner? Fry the hell out of that chicken and mash those taters like a beast with your bare hands. Try to be the best version of yourself that you can be. Always put in 100% effort and once people see that, opportunities will start to show themselves. Plus it's good karma. Just do your best in each task and obstacle that life brings you. Your conscience will tell you if you didn't do your best.

View media item 164604

Banks,

Man it is hard to break out of your comfort zone. If you BS all of the time, the only thing you can do is force yourself to not BS. What you could do is set yourself a text alert (alarm) to send to yourself every few days and make it say, "Stop *******ttin Banks." Maybe that can help.

Or maybe you can take up meditation? That can help.

Or get hypnotized. :nerd:

good suggestion DC...I may try alerts to check progress...I may try a shrink in January. I feel as though I'm short-changing myself and family

Man you gotta do what you gotta do. Look to see if you can get free sessions through your school/job.

The alerts can help man. I was having issues with someone and I just changed the greeting on my phone to, "Think Positive" and it helped me a lot.

We just need reminders.

Key in life is to take life one day at a time...and I know, you've probably heard that a million times by now - but let's sit here and let it marinate for a bit....

Take. Life. One. Day. At. A. Time.

You can only control what you can do today. You can always have one foot in yesterday's door, and the other in tomorrow..but that would only mean you're peeing on today. It's an analogy that I heard growing up while in middle school, that changed the way I view things today.

Worry about the task at hand. That will eliminate the worry for tomorrow, which eventually kills the procrastinating you do today. Like my man George said, milk the hell out of whatever you have to do today. Apply yourself by taking things one day at a time. Think about the success that may come with achieving the little things you can do today. Stop worrying about the consequences of what may happen if you don't get things right, and start looking forward to the outcome of what happens when things are concluded successfully. It will lead to better a tomorrow, naturally.

Last edited:
Man you gotta do what you gotta do. Look to see if you can get free sessions through your school/job.
The alerts can help man. I was having issues with someone and I just changed the greeting on my phone to, "Think Positive" and it helped me a lot.
We just need reminders.
I have daily reminders on my phone that actually help. I also have inspiring pics/quotes that I print and put up in my office/room. Its always in front of me and I read them all the time....its helped for me. Hope it works for you too. :smile:

Albert-Einstein-Insanity-Quote.jpg

Back
Top Bottom