Honda HSV-010

Via Autoblog
After a single teaser, a slew of spy shots and a handful of videos, Honda has finally released all the official details on its new GT500-bound HSV-010 racecar. Based on the discontinued NSX successor, five HSV-010s will hit the track at the SuperGT season opener this May, with 10 drivers, including Ralph Firman and Yuji Ide.

While the road car was believed to have been powered by a new V10, the HSV-010 uses a 3.4-liter V8. The engine is likely a derivative of the powerplant used in the Acura ARX-01 LMP2 car in the American Le Mans Series over the last three years. With 496 horsepower and 289 pound-feet of torque propelling its 2,425 pound mass, Honda's new team of GT500 racers has the chance to take the Japanese series by storm.

01-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

02-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

03-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

[img[http://www.blogcdn.com/ww...da-hsv-010-off.jpg[/img]

honda_hsv10.jpg

05-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

08-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

10-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

07-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

Nice car, surprised at the spec sheet, I figure it was pushing more in the HP department. Torque,
laugh.gif
. Wonder how it would do against a GT-R. GT-R will launchall over her but the HSV-010 may pass by it over 115mph.

I'm not usually into cars like that but my that's pretty.

It'll be fast too - sure it's only 500 hp - but it only weighs a ton. It'll go.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Wonder how it would do against a GT-R. GT-R will launch all over her but the HSV-010 may pass by it over 115mph.
Why are you comparing a GT-R to a GT500 class race car? Makes absolutely no sense.

Originally Posted by THockey66

Wonder how it would do against a GT-R. GT-R will launch all over her but the HSV-010 may pass by it over 115mph.
Why are you comparing a GT-R to a GT500 class race car? Makes absolutely no sense.
laugh.gif
i was wondering the same thing

Originally Posted by THockey66

a) Both have about 500hp.
b) Both are consider Japanese super cars.
c) Because I can. If you have no contributing answer, don't quote me.

lol I honestly don't see how the it's a logical comparison between the two either, unless you are basing this comparison upon a speculated streetversion of the hsv-010. Other than the 500 horsepower, these 2 have nothing in common. The GT-R is classified as a supercar at best, which has no business witha gt-class car that can romp on it all day around a track.

Back
Top Bottom