Hiccups FTL Vol. What can I do to stop?

So I haven't had hiccups for years now and about 5 minutes ago out of nowhere it hit me.

What can I do to stop???

The most annoying thing ever!!!

I tried to hold my breath nothing.

Played chicken with a semi-truck to get that rush/scare and nothing ..

What can I do?

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

go ask mommy.

Great one!!!

alien.gif

This has never failed to work for me, not one time.

And I've been doing this since junior high.

- get a VERY LARGE cup of water (a cup, NOT a bottle, and make sure you have way more water than you would normally drink in one try)
- take a deeeeeeep breath
- begin drinking (do not let your breath go before you begin drinking; you need to take a deep breath and then begin drinking)
- drink
- drink
- drink
- DON'T LET ANY AIR IN!!
- keep drinking
- drink
- DRINK
- DRINK
- DRINK
- DRINK
- DRINK!!!
- when you want to stop because you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO TAKE A BREATH because you've been drinking for so long at one time...
- ...remove the cup from your mouth, BUT CONTINUE HOLDING YOUR BREATH
- now slowly exhale, and let go of that breath you've been holding

Done.

hold your breath and swallow 5 times

or in ur mind repeat "i don't have the hiccups. i don't have the hiccups" over and over and over lol....i kno it sounds dumb..but my friendtold me to do that one time and it worked.

The key is diaphragm control. If you know how to flex it, hiccups are not a problem.

nycbxbdby:
23ska909red02:

Thanks - It seemed to have worked!!
Awesome.
smokin.gif

More simple version:
- LARGE cup of water
- DEEP breath, and then hold it
- begin drinking while holding breath
- drink as much water as you possibly can without letting any air in
- when you can't stand it anymore and you HAVE to breath, stop drinking, and SLOWLY let that deep breath out

Magic.

Or something.
laugh.gif

I have absolutely no clue why it works, but I really don't care. It works. Hiccups are annoying; this gets rid of 'em. That's all I need to know.
laugh.gif

Yeah SKA's idea is a good one.

I remember learning in Middle School that increasing the level of CO2 in your body is what cures you of hiccups. So that would definitely increase the amountof CO2 in your body.

My cure for hiccups is:

Get a large glass. Fill with cold water. Take a paper towel and cover the top of the glass. Drink water through the towel and hiccups are gone.

Back
Top Bottom