Has anyone here opted to NOT attend their graduation ceremonies? Vol. Why?

I ask because some people I know don't feel like sending out invitations and doing all the work to get everyone together only for them to stand up whentheir specific field of study is called. In college, it's highly unlikely for names to get called and usually, there is no "stage walk".

Some people I know don't want to go because it's too sad for them. Some people just feel like it's a waste of time and money (Cap and Gown) andwould rather move on with their lives.

Personally, I worked long and hard to get this degree and I'm going to cherish my "moment".

How do you feel about participating in graduation ceremonies?

I didnt go to High School and I didnt go for my Bachelors either, but please believe I will be when I get my Doctorate.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Why would I deprive my parents of the happiness to see me walk across that stage???

Makes no sense

That's the thing. The ceremony isn't really for you as a student as much as it is for the parents, that's what the Diploma is for. TheGraduation ceremony is for family mostly to honor your accomplishment. At my school we had two ceremonies the general one with all the schools, and then eachindividual school had their own ceremony. This way you got to do the walk across stage w/ your name called in the smaller ceremony with people you actuallyknow from class. I walked in both High School and College, and will again when I get my Masters.

The ceremony only lasted an hour and the Cap and Gown aren't really that expensive. You have cheap friends
laugh.gif

first glance your avy,stringerbell32,looked like a guy with a hat fingering a girl standing up....Im sick.
And ya i haven't graduated yet,so i don't know...but i will go to the ceremony,i think.

after all i put my moms thru in school, i had to let her enjoy me gettin out.

Yeah Im not goin' I dont see the point.I dont want to sit through that borin' speech and listen to them call all those names.I am havin a party thoughso my parents and fam can come to that...much more fun ya know

Originally Posted by sevenzro1

Yeah Im not goin' I dont see the point.I dont want to sit through that borin' speech and listen to them call all those names.I am havin a party though so my parents and fam can come to that...much more fun ya know

Yeah my party was
pimp.gif
everyone was there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Good Luck.

I didnt walk because I graduated in Winter and didnt want to come back to school to walk with everyone in Summer.

My friend skipped our high school graduation to go see Carolina Hurricans/Buffalo Sabres game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Sabres lost 4-0 but he sayshe doesn't regret it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Why would I deprive my parents of the happiness to see me walk across that stage???

Makes no sense
Real...I wouldn't have walked...I hated high school, big @%#%#** waste of time....didn't prepare me for squat in college. I walked because myparents wanted me to...luckily I brought my gameboy to graduation
laugh.gif

In college I was a December graduate. There is no ceremony for Winter graduates, instead you're invited back the following Spring. That would've been apain in the ##! for me, so I opted not to do it.

Apparently, there was a choice (that I wasn't aware of) that you could walk before you graduate (so the spring before my last semester) but man, it'dbe so hard to go back to school after having walked.

walking across that stage is just so satisfying
pimp.gif

my brother is graduating next month after 7 years in college
laugh.gif

ill definitely be sitting through that long %+! ceremony.

1) I went 2 a bull$#¡+in %$%% HS and 2) Not a fan of long, drawn out ceremonies that don't involve football...hell they sent me a diploma in the mail, Istill graduated so...whateva...

My college roommate didn't attend our UMass-Amherst graduation because he was too hung over.
His parents went, couldn't pick him out in the crowd - and he told them he was there and that they just couldnt find him....

Didn't go to my bachelor's ceremony. Why? It's not even an accomplishment nowadays.

My parents didn't spend 70k expecting me to do well and get my BA. If I didn't there'd be hell to pay.
laugh.gif

Imo, it's just a waste of time.

When I get my graduate degree, I 'll be going to that one.

my cap/gown was about 14...you're friends are cheap...

but even if i didn't want to walk my parenst ain't havin that...all the money they put in...my mom especially...she'll bite my head off forsuggesting not walking...

I'm thinking I don't want to go in May...my girl has been saying since day one that she aint going. Well see in three weeks..

I didn't really want to go to my high school graduation but was literally forced to be my mom. My dad though didn't even go to his high schoolgraduation, he skipped it and just went to the school the following week to pick up his diploma.

Back
Top Bottom