Has anyone ever had jeans altered?

A few years ago when big, baggy jeans were in style I bought at least 9 pairs of seven for all mankind jeans 3 sizes too big. I always like the wash and stylebut thought they were too tight back in 05.
The jeans are still in great condition but they're too big and I dont want to get rid of them simply because that's over a $1000 in denim.

Has anyone ever taken jeans to get altered for a better fit? A friend told me a tailor could possibly undo the seams to reduce the baggyness (is that even aword?)

** No, i'm not looking for skinny jeans. I just need my jeans to fit to my actual size.

Nordstroms offers free tailoring on all clothes. Without proof of reciept. I had some true religions altered from boot to straight leg. Didn't even buythem there.

Sell them for what you can, then rebuy in your size.

the pocket sizes and detailing will be out of proportion.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Nordstroms offers free tailoring on all clothes. Without proof of reciept. I had some true religions altered from boot to straight leg. Didn't even buy them there.
Lucky you. The branches around here check your receipts like a hawk. And they only do it for free when you want the inseam hemmed up. If youwant an original hem job, it's not even free anymore.

I would recommend doing what Joe Dirt said. That's what I did..sold all of the 7, TR, RR jeans I had in sz 36 at ~$100 a pop and bought new jeans in mycurrent size of 30.

I'm sure a skilled tailor will be able to do it for you, but the seat will be the hardest part.

3 sizes? like from 38 to 32? that's too much. I have experience with jeans being altered when people lose weight. The problem with taking in jeans unlikepants (which 3 sizes is pushing it on pants anyway) is that the pockets eventually come together and touch. Normally I wouldn't do much other than tightenthe waist and inch or two and possibly taper the leg (from the knee down, to make it straight leg instead of boot cut). Altering the seat (lower butt area) canproduce awkward results on jeans.

Try this, put the jeans on and grab the excess and sort of pinch together the jeans where you want to take them in so that the excess is in your hand and youcan see how the jean will look with that stuff gone. But honestly, it won't look perfect, mediocre is the best case scenario.

oh and big and baggy was never associated with 7FAMK. You should've bought cheap Fubu jeans or something.

how much does Nordstroms charges for hemming...i have some true religions that need to be hemmed just a bit, only con is w. these jeans is they come in33" length

Originally Posted by JSoN619

how much does Nordstroms charges for hemming...i have some true religions that need to be hemmed just a bit, only con is w. these jeans is they come in 33" length
$10 for a normal hem job (meaning they just cut off the length). $20 for an original hem job (meaning they use the original leg openings, greatfor those jeans with cuts and tears on them). I've had all 10-12 pairs of designer jeans hemmed at the 2 Nordy's by my home since that's where Ibought them from, they will ask for receipts. Turnaround time is ridiculous though, something like 1-2 weeks. Since then I found myself a better, cheapertailor that works just as well with only turnaround time of 3-4 days.

Yeah, with designer jeans, the inseam is around 34''. It looks terrible when guys and girls just wear them as is and have a grip of excess materialdrag on the floor. If you can afford $150+ pair of jeans, spend the $10-20 to get them hemmed to fit you right.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Nordstroms offers free tailoring on all clothes. Without proof of reciept. I had some true religions altered from boot to straight leg. Didn't even buy them there.
Lucky you. The branches around here check your receipts like a hawk. And they only do it for free when you want the inseam hemmed up. If you want an original hem job, it's not even free anymore.

I would recommend doing what Joe Dirt said. That's what I did..sold all of the 7, TR, RR jeans I had in sz 36 at ~$100 a pop and bought new jeans in my current size of 30.

I'm sure a skilled tailor will be able to do it for you, but the seat will be the hardest part.
word, i'm sure 7 jeans are going for ~$100 a pair now.

im in ny i wish i knew. i dont need to do 3 sizes. maybes just 1 tops 2 sizes. i dont wear Od tight jeans but i gotta look presentable.real talk

im in ny i wish i knew. i dont need to do 3 sizes. maybes just 1 tops 2 sizes. i dont wear Od tight jeans but i gotta look presentable.real talk

Originally Posted by jw air

trying to get the evisu logo off your jeans..... SMH
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

evisu >>>>

even if the hood killed em

i agree you should sell them and get as much money out of it.
theyre not gunna be that popular anymore tho but you cant really get them altered that much.

As suggested, youa re better off selling it and buying your size.
Even a great tailor could only do so much and as a rule of thumb, the waistline could only be altered within 1.5" (or size) max or it will alter the wholelook of the jeans.
It just won't look right and getting it taken in by the thigh and tapering it 3 sizes (5-6") down, the tailor might charge you almost the same amountas a new pair of jeans.
Normally, they charge more to adjust denim because it is more difficult to work with and most of these high-end jeans are selvedged and uses unique coloredstitches.

Back
Top Bottom