Google Announces High-Speed Broadband

soltheman

Banned
Congratulations to those in Kansas City.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Search engine Google says it’s planning to bring its high-speed broadband network to Kansas City, Kan.

The company announced Wednesday on its official blog that the city is the first to get the new program. Google says its ultrafast network would be capable of making Internet access more than 100 times faster than the broadband connection in most U.S. homes.

More than 1,100 cities throughout the country made bids to become a test site for the network, which would provide Internet connections of 1 gigabit per second to up to 500,000 people.

Milo Medin, Google’s vice president of access services, said in choosing a city the goal was to find someplace it could build efficiently, make an impact on the community and develop relationships with local government and community organizations.

http://www.perfectduluthd...-speed-broadband-network

Congratulations to those in Kansas City.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Search engine Google says it’s planning to bring its high-speed broadband network to Kansas City, Kan.

The company announced Wednesday on its official blog that the city is the first to get the new program. Google says its ultrafast network would be capable of making Internet access more than 100 times faster than the broadband connection in most U.S. homes.

More than 1,100 cities throughout the country made bids to become a test site for the network, which would provide Internet connections of 1 gigabit per second to up to 500,000 people.

Milo Medin, Google’s vice president of access services, said in choosing a city the goal was to find someplace it could build efficiently, make an impact on the community and develop relationships with local government and community organizations.

http://www.perfectduluthd...-speed-broadband-network

i hope this gets to my home
FIOS aint even available in my neighborhood
indifferent.gif

stick to Working and perfecting Chrome, I hope they flop with this, i just don't like how Google is starting to get their hands involved with so many things.

stick to Working and perfecting Chrome, I hope they flop with this, i just don't like how Google is starting to get their hands involved with so many things.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Tell me one us internet provider that can provide true 1gigabit highspeed internet to average consumers at a cost effective price? you wont find none.
The US created the internet and other countries are light years ahed of us in terms of interent speeds. Someone has to provide it here in the US to keep us up to speed while these paid isp keep throttling our data speeds just because people rather axe their cable TV and rely on internet based entertainment like netflix, hulu and more.

I got free internet from google(cr-48) for 2 years you don't see me complaining.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Tell me one us internet provider that can provide true 1gigabit highspeed internet to average consumers at a cost effective price? you wont find none.
The US created the internet and other countries are light years ahed of us in terms of interent speeds. Someone has to provide it here in the US to keep us up to speed while these paid isp keep throttling our data speeds just because people rather axe their cable TV and rely on internet based entertainment like netflix, hulu and more.

I got free internet from google(cr-48) for 2 years you don't see me complaining.

Back
Top Bottom