Future of the NBA in jeoperdy?

thadocta

Banned
With kobe bryant now injured and out maybe 9 months what will the nba do?

he is a big part of their success and without him will they survive?

Having Kobe is better for the game, yeah but he is no longer the future anything at this point.

to me its a generational thing...

the NBA might lose a lot of laker and kobe fans but the next generation will have lebron wiggins kyrie durant etc

I can't imagine this is a serious thread, but just in case...

The NBA has and always will be bigger than one player.

Whenever Kobe does hang it up, the NBA will surely miss him, but it's not going to collapse and fold, that's absurd. 

when did you start following the league? :lol:

If the league survived after losing Jordan (the leagues undisputed #1 player at the time and certainly the nation's most popular athlete at the time) AND having the lockout, they'll certainly survive if they lose Kobe.

Last edited:
This a serious question?

How is the future of the NBA in "jeoperdy" with Kobe being injured?

NBA still has established stars like LeBron, KD, DWade, CP3, Westbrook, DRose, Melo, Rondo etc.

And young up and comers like Harden, Steph Curry, and Kyrie.

Contrary to what most Laker fans think the NBA doesn't revolve around Kobe.

He's an all time great and his presence will be missed for however long he's out next season, but the NBA will survive.

It'll be alright I guess, but even I'm not really use to Shaq being retired. When Kobe retires it'll be all kinds of weird.

This is such a silly question.

People wondered this too when MJ left, especially Stern.

Evidently, it wasn't such a big problem. Although, when MJ did leave--there was a lot of "lost" popularity.

It won't be the same nba. Kobe was the closest and similar to mj. the fan of this generation 84-2013 were very fotunate because they were able to see mj in kobe game over the years. Kobe was the next mj. Lebron and kd is nice but they're not mj or kobe.

The future of the nba wont be in jeopardy but People who grew up watching mj and kobe are going to miss kobe dominance.

We have just witness the last of the breed. Wewontsee another kobe for a long time. Probably not in our lifetime.

Last edited:
Internationally Kobe is so popular... & thats where NBA is trying to expand its market so bad

Im sorry.....But did Lebron James retire or something?
Im pretty sure Lebron has been the NBA for the last 5 years, and will be for the next 5.

Im sorry.....But did Lebron James retire or something?
Im pretty sure Lebron has been the NBA for the last 5 years, and will be for the next 5.

This basically.

You guys got to be kidding me when you say the NBA wont be the same. No player is bigger than the game. The only person that can even be considered the exception would be MJ and even he wasn't bigger than the game.

There was an NBA before Kobe, and there will be one after him. If anything, with all the social media interaction with fans--the NBA will continue to be strong.

:lol: So dumb.

To the kids in here: It's time to grow up. The NBA will be just fine without Kobe. He's not the first superstar that will retire. You guys just don't remember a time without him.

Back
Top Bottom