Foamposites in Canada -- as in "Why Da Hell Can't We Get 'Em?"

Anyone know why Canadian spots are basically exempt from getting Foamposite/Flightposites/Foam-Domes, 1/2 Cents, etc.?

I heard it wuz because the Red and Cactus Foam 1's didn't do so well -- but I'm sure the Royal joints flew as would the Eggplants, if we'd beenable to cop any.

One has to say, "Thanks a lot, Nike, for screwing a whole country out of the two best shoes of 2009 (Eggplant Foams and 1/2 Cents). Way to go..."

If anyone has an 11.5 1/2 Cent looking to trade for an 11, holler!

Nike Canada doesnt understand that the 1/2 Cents and Eggplants would have flew off the shelves.

They shouldnt compare these colorways to the Red/Catcus version. Its just on a whole other level
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rick Kang

Anyone know why Canadian spots are basically exempt from getting Foamposite/Flightposites/Foam-Domes, 1/2 Cents, etc.?

I heard it wuz because the Red and Cactus Foam 1's didn't do so well -- but I'm sure the Royal joints flew as would the Eggplants, if we'd been able to cop any.

One has to say, "Thanks a lot, Nike, for screwing a whole country out of the two best shoes of 2009 (Eggplant Foams and 1/2 Cents). Way to go..."

For the U.S. not Canada.

To my knowledge they weren't allocated to Canada, the only spot that has them were Stolen Riches I believe, the Royals & Dr. Dooms flew off theshelves.

NIKE Canada FTL, just a bunch of idiots over there.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I heard it wuz because the Red and Cactus Foam 1's didn't do so well -- but I'm sure the Royal joints flew as would the Eggplants, if we'd been able to cop any.

For the U.S. not Canada.

To my knowledge they weren't allocated to Canada, the only spot that has them were Stolen Riches I believe, the Royals & Dr. Dooms flew off the shelves.

QFT

Originally Posted by cquan05

For the U.S. not Canada.

To my knowledge they weren't allocated to Canada, the only spot that has them were Stolen Riches I believe, the Royals & Dr. Dooms flew off the shelves.

QFT
Can't tell you how many times ive gone to a sneaker boutique in Toronto and the day
a shoe is suppose to release,it aint there because Nike screwed up somehow...
smh.gif

It would seem Nike has got the US covered - our market is so much smaller demographic wise we are not worth Nike's time/martketing/budget/shoe modelallocation for certain top-tier shoes.

It's frustrating but basically has been like this since I got into collecting shoes back in the late 80's - we USED to get heat but not so much anymore& Nike's reliance on QS, LEs, sprint runs, etc. has definitely not helped.

Got to scrape by & hit up US connects for real good stuff nowadays

For the U.S. not Canada.

It's not Nike Canada per-say. If they don't get enough bookings from vendors, they won't bring in a shoe. You can be damn sure, if reps are askingfor a shoe on behalf of their clients and Nike Canada is able to get some in, they will.

I am not arguing that Nike Canada is idiots, because they are all borderline over there, but just maybe not for this reason...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

... I know of ONE and ONLY ONE place that got the eggplant foams in toronto

Care to elaborate? Other heads would appreciate. Such as myself.
laugh.gif

Also, there are a few spots that don't deal with Nike Canada at all... they have direct suppliers from the States... that could be why they have a few ofthese releases.

I know a spot in Lethbridge, Alberta (
laugh.gif
) that had a deal like this.Pulling in LE AF1's, LS Jordan releases, ect.

Originally Posted by jbv1

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

... I know of ONE and ONLY ONE place that got the eggplant foams in toronto

Care to elaborate? Other heads would appreciate. Such as myself.
laugh.gif
North Trooper or Capsule I forgot which...

process - I know what you mean, I'm just ignorant at times on purpose because I always see things from thecustomers perspective, it just gets annoying that Canada has grown in the past 5 years but there's still so much that we miss out on.

Just make Nike on Bloor a Niketown an give them every damn release, simple.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ i thought nike on bloor is a niketown? employees get a swoosh account and stuff so i assumed theyre considered a niketown...

Most of the time when boutiques in Canada get releases like Foams, they are trading through grey market.. The reason why we don't get stuff like that aswell as alll the dope barkley kicks etc. is because for some stupid reason NIKE canada is set on providng us with mostly sport culture and sportswear inspiredsneakers... Hence all the new styles like RT1s which are actually pretty ugly and rubbing on the yeezy's style..
Canada is slowly getting better.. but the boutiques are the ones that have to stand up and tell their rep what they can sell, and that they have no problemmoving this product (i know we have) or else its not worth them importing it.

Back
Top Bottom