FLASHBACK: Cement III Petition (2,136 Signatures)

Wow. It seems like it has been forever since I've been on NT. But if there's one shoe to bring me back...it's the Cenment III's.
Those of you who have been on here for a while will remember the Cement III petition I introduced way back in the day. At the time, people said I was nuts. Wasting my time. They said Jordan Brand didn't care. They said that nobody would listen to a bunch of sneakerhead punks from the Internet. 

They were wrong.

Shortly after sending in the petition, news began to trickle out. First they were whispers. Then pictures. And before we knew it - release dates. And in the end, they were released. 

I heard about the Cement III's being released and had to drop by again. Definitely brings back memories. This place still looks like the best sneaker enthusiast community in the world. It's good to see you're doing better than ever.

As we await the release of arguably the most memorable Jordan in a line-up of many memorable Jordans - I'd like to invite you to take a look at the petition again. Read through some of the responses. See why this shoe is so much more than just a shoe. And why it means so much to so many.

Read the Petition

Read the Signatures

As for me, life changes. As do priorities. Heck, I haven't bought a pair of Jordans in probably 5-6 years. 

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

Wow. It seems like it has been forever since I've been on NT. But if there's one shoe to bring me back...it's the Cenment III's.
Those of you who have been on here for a while will remember the Cement III petition I introduced way back in the day. At the time, people said I was nuts. Wasting my time. They said Jordan Brand didn't care. They said that nobody would listen to a bunch of sneakerhead punks from the Internet. 

They were wrong.

Shortly after sending in the petition, news began to trickle out. First they were whispers. Then pictures. And before we knew it - release dates. And in the end, they were released. 

I heard about the Cement III's being released and had to drop by again. Definitely brings back memories. This place still looks like the best sneaker enthusiast community in the world. It's good to see you're doing better than ever.

As we await the release of arguably the most memorable Jordan in a line-up of many memorable Jordans - I'd like to invite you to take a look at the petition again. Read through some of the responses. See why this shoe is so much more than just a shoe. And why it means so much to so many.

Read the Petition

Read the Signatures

As for me, life changes. As do priorities. Heck, I haven't bought a pair of Jordans in probably 5-6 years. 

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

I remember that petition from back in the day. This was the shoe that started it all for me. It was my first retro. I had found niketalk a few months before the release and was hyped up for them. Ended up accidently oversleeping on release day and missed them. Finally got them 2 weeks later after a restock post was posted. This time i'll be ready for them, and after this release I think im done.

I remember that petition from back in the day. This was the shoe that started it all for me. It was my first retro. I had found niketalk a few months before the release and was hyped up for them. Ended up accidently oversleeping on release day and missed them. Finally got them 2 weeks later after a restock post was posted. This time i'll be ready for them, and after this release I think im done.

I definitely remember signing this petition, much appreciated!

And I remember there was a random picture of Derek Anderson wearing the cement 3s before info started coming out. everybody was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I definitely remember signing this petition, much appreciated!

And I remember there was a random picture of Derek Anderson wearing the cement 3s before info started coming out. everybody was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This may be my fondest NT memory. Does anyone still have that pic of D. Anderson poolside in the backyard?

This may be my fondest NT memory. Does anyone still have that pic of D. Anderson poolside in the backyard?

create another one for the playoff 12's
Or the obsidian blue (not low top)
anything before 2000 that we have yet to see retroed

create another one for the playoff 12's
Or the obsidian blue (not low top)
anything before 2000 that we have yet to see retroed

Cant believe you did it. They should have at-least put your name on the box. Any way can I send you a pair of cements and have you autograph them for me?

Cant believe you did it. They should have at-least put your name on the box. Any way can I send you a pair of cements and have you autograph them for me?

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

I'll be more than happy to autograph those 3's
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

I'll be more than happy to autograph those 3's
wink.gif

I signed this petition back in the day and i remember it being the first release that I felt NT had direct part of......I love this site
pimp.gif

I signed this petition back in the day and i remember it being the first release that I felt NT had direct part of......I love this site
pimp.gif

this petition is the reason why I have a pair of 2011's sitting in on my shelf right now 
pimp.gif

this petition is the reason why I have a pair of 2011's sitting in on my shelf right now 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom