Flannel..'timeless' but a bad look on hipsters and hype-beasts (my opinion)

Listen, if you like it, good, but if you are rocking it because you think it's 'cool', you should know that it's not now, and hasn't been for awhile. The designer flannel is especially lame. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

but, i love flannel.... and plaid...

most people dont know the difference in the materials. you can tell who is in it just to be in the trend because they call refular plaid shirts flannel. when in fact, flannel is the material used to produce the clothing.

the more you know!

you mad about it huh?

i own one flannel shirt that i got for 10 bucks from kohls...i like it.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

but, i love flannel.... and plaid...

most people dont know the difference in the materials. you can tell who is in it just to be in the trend because they call refular plaid shirts flannel. when in fact, flannel is the material used to produce the clothing.

the more you know!

Word ! Thanks for sharing. It's not like I don't think there are good looking flannel shirts, it's just that look "hypebeastish" or even worse "psuedo-hipsters" aka people that think they are doing it not knowing how lame it looks. I'm not making this post to make fun of them, but to assist them in getting the hint and dropping a look that is bad. It's like when MC Hammer pants and wearing your clothes backwards ala Kris Kross eons ago; those that lingered suffered needlessly. 

Originally Posted by wcarson89

you mad about it huh?

Not mad at all, just concerned. Ultimately if you want to look like you have no fashion sense (kind of deduced that by your PURCHASING A 10 DOLLAR FLANNEL SHIRT AT KOHLS) that's up to you.

Backpacks_thrown.gif

The fact that you used the phrase "we off that" makes me completely unable to take you seriously.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

The fact that you used the phrase "we off that" makes me completely unable to take you seriously.
laugh.gif
That phrase was dead the minute it left Drake's mouth.

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

you mad about it huh?

Not mad at all, just concerned. Ultimately if you want to look like you have no fashion sense (kind of deduced that by your PURCHASING A 10 DOLLAR FLANNEL SHIRT AT KOHLS) that's up to you.
My fashion sense is just fine. I found something I liked for a very good price that was comfortable and fit well.
Fashion sense cannot be found or lost based on the price you pay nor by the store you shop at.

I also find it funny that you use the term "we" in your title, as if to assert that there is some group of people including yourself that decides when something is too trendy to do anymore and decides to move on. Let people be themselves and you be you.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
That phrase was dead the minute it left Drake's  jay-z's mouth.

OP why you worried about another mans clothing? So you saying I should return the 200 dollar bape flannel I just copped?

you mad about it huh?

My fashion sense is just fine. I found something I liked for a very good price that was comfortable and fit well.
Fashion sense cannot be found or lost based on the price you pay nor by the store you shop at.

I also find it funny that you use the term "we" in your title, as if to assert that there is some group of people including yourself that decides when something is too trendy to do anymore and decides to move on. Let people be themselves and you be you.
Look, there is nothing that is totally original, but the fact that you are catching feelings for me stating my opinion on a forum says a lot about you. Ultimately you are going to do what you do, if you want to convince me that you have fashion sense or take anything I said to heart, that's on you. I don't expect anybody to catch feelings that 1) doesn't care what others say and doesn't see someone stating their opinion as a direct offense or 2) someone with enough fashion sense to know that designer flannel is lame. 
As far as "we off that", that is more of a lampoon of NT jargon and pop-culture reference,  Don't read into it to deeply.

I dont own any flannel shirts, but c'mon. Lets think about this right now.
Before, the trend was to wear baggy clothes and whatever.
And now they are button ups. I think that was a pretty big step. Fashion/style or whatever has gotten a lot better

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

OP why you worried about another mans clothing? So you saying I should return the 200 dollar bape flannel I just copped?

Nah, doggie. If it makes you happy, it makes you happy. It may not be my cup of tea, but some people like fur coats and others think they are tacky, even if they are expensive. 

And he's a hypocrite for saying people are catching feelings for him expressing his opinion when he's doing the same thing.

Thanks for this post.To think that I almost put one on today (goes off to burn flannel collection)

you mad about it huh?

Look, there is nothing that is totally original, but the fact that you are catching feelings for me stating my opinion on a forum says a lot about you. Ultimately you are going to do what you do, if you want to convince me that you have fashion sense or take anything I said to heart, that's on you. I don't expect anybody to catch feelings that 1) doesn't care what others say and doesn't see someone stating their opinion as a direct offense or 2) someone with enough fashion sense to know that designer flannel is lame. 
As far as "we off that", that is more of a lampoon of NT jargon and pop-culture reference,  Don't read into it to deeply.

The only feeling I "caught" was confusion, I just didn't understand how you came to the conclusion that I have no fashion sense because I purchased an inexpensive piece at a store that sells inexpensive clothing. I'm also confused about why you're so heated about flannel...it's just a fabric that is somewhat trendy right now. You seem like an intelligent human, you should use your brain power for something more productive.

Back
Top Bottom