Fishscale VS OB4CL2

So I think these 2 solo wu albums are the greatest Wu solo albums to come out in the past 5 years. They are, I feel, well established near the top of the Wusolo catalog. I know it might be too soon for OB4CL2, and i dont do this often, but im proclaiming it a modern classic along with Fishscale.

My question to you is, which do you prefer?

My vote goes to Fishscale right now, mostly on personal taste and how its held up all this time. That album is really special to me, I listened to it till itwas played out during the first week. And then I played it to death again. And i can listen to it at any time. I can TOTALLY see the same happening with OB4CL2over time, but right now Fishscale is JUST above. What you think?

Back like that
pimp.gif

Ghost is a great mc...has stood the test of time and lyrically he's still on the nicest cats in the game.

Having said all that, I can't take a full album of his hyped up delivery and spitting nothing but gibberish.

Therefore I'll take OB4CL 2 any day of the week.

OB4CL2.

I had to skip a couple of tracks on Fishscale and some just started sounding old after a while.

OB4CL2, I can play all the way through.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

So I think these 2 solo wu albums are the greatest Wu solo albums to come out in the past 5 years.

Didn't No Said Date drop in 04?

I never bought into the Fishcale hype... its a SOLID album @ best...

OB4CL2... I'll go as far as sayin its the BEST non debut Wu Tang solo album...

OBCL2. Best album this year and will be the best to come out this year. Fishscale is solid but CL2 definitely proved that Ghost and Rae work best as a teamtelling crime stories.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Co-Sign

I LOVE Fishscale...and ditto for cuban linx 2...

So its really all about how I feel about cuban linx 2 in a couple of years...

As of right now...Ill give the edge to Cuban Linx

Off yourself, Supreme Clientele>>>*. And for my money Fishscale is better than OB4CL2. OB4CL2 is good at imitating it's predecessorand its a breath of fresh air right now, but down the line what separates this album and will make you want to listen to it? What tracks will stand the test oftime? 9 milli brothers is better than any crew track on there. Back Like That has more appeal than any track on there. Underwater is more creative than anytrack on there. Momma is as heart felt as Ason Jones. Kilo? Clipse of Doom? Shakey Dog? As gully as it gets. The beat on The Champ
sick.gif
Oh and don't forgetthe skits. What exactly does OB4CL2 do better? I think people take Ghost for granted because of his consistency. We waited for OB4CL2 so long that an albumthat is just very good in reality, is great in the minds of many.

Co-sign Rav

Supreme Clientel > OB4CL2

I think I need to wait a while to see how OB4CL2 stands up.

ob4cl2 >>>> fishscale but it might just be because ob4cl2 just came out and i find it incredibly refreshing in today's dead rap scene, i thinkmy sentiments were similar when fishscale dropped but time erodes my memory nahmean?

I didn't think Fishcale was THAT spectacular... I don't think Supreme Clientele is either...

I rarely have the desire to listen to either one of these albums... The only Ghostface album I enjoy 100% is Ironman, I've felt that way since day 1...Every other Ghost album is an acquired taste... They all have gems, but they just don't grab me...

House Of Flying Daggers > 9 Milli Bros

I didn't think Fishcale was THAT spectacular... I don't think Supreme Clientele is either...

I rarely have the desire to listen to either one of these albums... The only Ghostface album I enjoy 100% is Ironman, I've felt that way since day 1... Every other Ghost album is an acquired taste... They all have gems, but they just don't grab me...

House Of Flying Daggers > 9 Milli Bros
smh.gif
People stay underrating SC...

Personally I'd put SC above every Wu solo joint except Liquid Swords and OB4CL.

I guess I can't comprehend it not grabbing a Wu fan. @+!@ is just so entertaining to me. Every time I listen to it I catch something that I've eitherforgotten or missed completely.

That's just me tho...

Forgot about SC, SMH at myself. But aside from Supreme Clientele, I would say this album is the best non debut album from a Wu artist.

smh.gif
People stay underrating SC...

no they dont, its one of the most hyped albums on here.

I agree with Nay as far as Ironman > SC hands down. N's slept on that last Ghost album tho (the one with the Beans joint). That was a good $+% album...

8612582e163b759f2a8ab8652be9c90d9677b87.jpg

u buggin.

i played supreme clientele from jan 00' to all da way in da summer non stop on my panasonic shockwave.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom