Final Interview Preparation Questions

Hey NT,

I have a final round phone interview next week(with the VP of Corporate Finance) for the Graduate Program position at a

multinational bank. I'm currently a senior and I have been majoring in marketing at a top 15 US business school.

I was fortunate enough to intern at this company last summer (got in through my father because he knew some people..) and 

since then, my interest in the finance/banking industry has increased significantly. I passed all the online assessments, and the

first round interview in which they asked me mostly behavioral and motivational questions. I'm not ashamed to admit that my 

knowledge of finance and the industry is limited since .. well... I've been studying marketing. That being said,

1) How can I sell myself during this interview knowing that my knowledge in finance is probably much weaker than my potential competitors.

2) Also, any general tips would be very much appreciated as well.

Oh, by the way the guy who is interviewing me next week is a Harvard undergrad, Columbia MBA and worked at Merrill lynch (yikes)
nerd.gif

Thanks NT!

Just be yourself bc even if you get in and you fake an interview you will be exposed eventually making your future prospects bleak

If you feel confident you can do the job then go in and do you

Final round phone interview? That's weird :lol:

If you were more interested in finance/banking, why didn't you just learn more about it yourself throughout the year?

I'd say you go on Bloomberg/Reuters and read up on what's happening in the business world right now.

They'll most likely ask you common accounting questions, I work as a financial analyst and they asked me a lot of questions like.....

Describe the statement of cash flows?
Describe the income statement\balance sheet?

What is EPS and what factors do you look at when buying a stock?

How is income statement related to the balance sheet

What is deferred tax asset/deferred tax liability

Fake it till you make it, I knew basic accounting and finance before the job but pretty much you'll learn everything through actual work experiance.

While I don't recommend lying
You won't believe how some people got through the interview phase. I know one person that used a fake website to generate his transcript. My co-worker told me he looked for companies that are closed (circuit city) and added that on his résumé where he said he was a manager.

Whatever it takes to get in

Back
Top Bottom