favorite toy memories as a kid vol. nostalgia

I used to go hard at collecting Hot Wheels when I went shopping with my mom, and I always tried to get at least one every time we went shopping. She was always annoyed most of the time about buying those "stupid cars". I used to collect them in an old Reebok shoebox and eventually there were too many and I actually got a decent size chest full of them. Favorite Hot Wheel car was probably this neon-green one with a bright orange engine. I don't know what happened to all of them... probably could get some bread out of them too.
tired.gif

I later started playing airsoft, I dunno how many people on here have ever played airsoft before, but my friends and I played backyard wars literally everyday during middle school. %#@% was literally an arms race lol.
laugh.gif
Basically airsoft is just paintball but with plastic pellets and more realistic guns. We all started with spring pistols but there was always that one kid who got a new gun and it was automatically the new topic around our group of friends. The next best gun were spring rifles and these "mini," automatic, battery-powered guns that resembled rifles but in a much smaller scale. My lineup of guns at this point consisted of a UHC Beretta M9 two-tone pistol, a UHC M1911 pistol, a UHC MP5 SD3 spring rifle (
pimp.gif
this gun is the absolute truth for $40... need to cop again), and a mini-electric AK47
laugh.gif

I don't know how my parents put up with buying these guns but they hooked it up. Spent close to $600-700 over a period of a few years... smh
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
. The first kid on my block to get an AEG (Automatic electric gun) was the most feared person during our battles and led to the "automatic" proliferation of our weapons. This kid named Matt was a year older than all of us but had a Tokyo Marui SIG 552 which all of us were afraid of getting shot by. Eventually another kid's parents bought him an AEG and then everyone just started buying AEGs to compete. I ended up getting a M733 (M16 with collapsible stock) and later a G3. Had a real 4x20 scope on the top of my M733 and picked dudes off from long range
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Some of us later got gas-powered pistols too. I got a gas-powered M93R (the Raffica in Call of Duty) that could shoot automatic and in burst mode. I had a huge, 50-round magazine that was legit and put dudes' heads down. I was doing it, for real.
pimp.gif

We always argued about who goes on which team and whether or not someone was shot (We played till 3rd hit).

What are your stories?

I had a whole infantry of army soldiers, tanks, and choppers.......nobody wanted no parts of it
pimp.gif

Power Rangers Vs Batman Robin Superman in a bubble bath ,Super Soaker with the back pack that holds like 2 gallons I never really had to refill 
roll.gif
,The whole Raw is War collection with the ring and cage,Hot wheels,My lil .38 special that barrel spun I took off the orange tip ..Oh man the good old days 

15349.jpg

I don't know if any other NTers did this as a kid, but when i was young i would grab that ^ , a few toy figures (usually pokemon figures), and a small superball and play basketball with my toys

i tried playing it again years later, and i just ain't got the skills like before

Also, i had a bunch of hotwheels and matchbox cars and i'd create racetracks around the condo i lived in...you could see a bunch of marks left on the rug/couch when i was done

power ranger zords were tight. transforming and all that #$@%.

tumblr_lhgh4aLNl61qhpzp8o1_400.jpg

pimp.gif

also used to collect dbz figures. had over 30 or so of em

Cell.jpg

and in my early, early days i use to like thomas the tank engine trains. lol i even had a train that you could get on and ride around the house. my mom said i use to throw my older brother off of it, and take off

thomas-toys.jpg

kid down the street had this and the at-at

I'd be at his house everyday playing star wars
laugh.gif

6dab2540f86e67e5_large.jpg

also loved these
pimp.gif

Mantaboxfront.JPG

yeah yeah i'm old
embarassed.gif

I didn't have much toys as a kid, but I swear I was gonna take this figure to the grave with me
warrior2.jpg

Wow some great stuff in here

Turtle Blimp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Super soakers
Pogs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

images

street sharks
pimp.gif

and
images

the technodrome

16-zapdos.jpg

Got this exact first edition Zapdos in the first pack of Pokemon cards I ever opened
pimp.gif

and accidentally ruined it not knowing what it was worth
ohwell.gif

4-dark-blastoise.jpg

Got this one and had it stolen by an older kid, all I saw was him running away in the distance
frown.gif

H-12_Rockets_Moltres.jpg

Don't even know what happened to this one, got it one morning when my mom took me to some yardsales
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom