Economics thread vol. jay z

MakeNTGreatAgain

Supporter
jay z said if you cant buy it twice you can't afford it

what do yall think?

do any of you live by this mantra?

is it realistic?

i think its realistic if you wanna be honest about ur pockets and not stunt. also by the time u can afford two u realize it wasn't a need and forego the purchase.
also it motivates you to make more paper

It’s useful within reason. If you need something, you need something. If you need a car to move your family, get the car. Don’t try to wait until you can buy two because Jay Z, who has NEVER been in your situation, said so. I think it was meant for luxury items.

Yo you can buy a bunch of small **** that you could buy twice till you’re down to .50 and buy some .25 cent gum. So I just wouldn’t take it literally. Like big or small. Like if you could buy a house twice wouldn’t you just get a more expensive house? But then you couldn’t buy the bigger one twice?

Iunno, go by what nip said: if you ain’t stacking more than spending or something like that. All money in

Yo you can buy a bunch of small **** that you could buy twice till you’re down to .50 and buy some .25 cent gum. So I just wouldn’t take it literally. Like big or small. Like if you could buy a house twice wouldn’t you just get a more expensive house? But then you couldn’t buy the bigger one twice?

Iunno, go by what nip said: if you ain’t stacking more than spending or something like that. All money in
The small stuff adds up though. really that's what u gotta look out. I was escapading around w/ this girl & had to dead it b/c I had spent like $600+ on food in like 8 days :lol:. Financial burdens be sneaky.

It’s useful within reason. If you need something, you need something. If you need a car to move your family, get the car. Don’t try to wait until you can buy two because Jay Z, who has NEVER been in your situation, said so. I think it was meant for luxury items.

100%

Practical advice but not realistic to regular folks. See the expensive SUV thread. That's the case then you would have to live in the hood making 100k. But I'm certain there are variables missing here.

Practical advice but not realistic to regular folks. See the expensive SUV thread. That's the case then you would have to live in the hood making 100k. But I'm certain there are variables missing here.
thats what inspired the thread

cuz u can easily forego a chevy tahoe and spend 30 and still move a family of large size around comfortably and safely

$600+ in 8 days on JUST food?

Nah.
we were paying for our own stuff about 75% of the time, but yeah. 2 random personalities together isn't the best move :lol:

edit:
just realized I put "$600+". It was $500 plus.

Still stands though, food is expensive & overrated as hell.

Last edited:
It's a smart tactic. I don't always think about it though. I've even heard a more intense version, imagine the price times 10. If you abide by that then goodness, your savings would flourish.

As much as i live abd breath hiphop it aint the place to really take financial advice from.

Either the rapper is living out of His or her means and showing cars and houses and jewels they rented

or they are talking down to us and in kicking “knowledge” dont take into consideration the working mans Every day struggle to save for a house or a car.

use it as motivation, inspiration not a consultation.

8d795d0491601516a9af6a527c94b00a.gif

Back
Top Bottom