Ebay and Paypal policies are just too much...what to do?

D

Deleted member 42060

I have a couple of things on sale on ebay, and just sold one item. I haven't been using ebay/paypal since mar 2011 and all of sudden I now realize that they hold the funds for about 21 days until I either ship out the item with a delivery confirmation and/or when the buyer acknowledges that they received the item and leave positive feedback? What? Why?
30t6p3b.gif
On top of that Ebay is charging about 9% on shipping fees? yes I know about that shipping thing sellers loved to do, but comeon Ebay
30t6p3b.gif

Post some opinions about this and mention some alternatives to ebay and paypal, besides the great Niketalk or instyle

craigslist. Selling on CL for $20-30 less is the exact same price you would've gotten after all the ebay/paypal fees.

Don't know what's up with that 21 day hold. I just sold something a couple weeks ago and didn't have it withheld.

yea i hate how they hold on to your payments. also they restrict you to listing 3 high end items per month..........

ebay needs to get it together

Damn was about to put my Kobe VI's and Miami Nights w/ matching T-Shirt up on eBay so I could have some money to blow next Friday. Should I just post them on NT Market?

/shameless plug

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

become verified and they don't hold it all it takes is a few clicks on paypal

I'm verified with over over 200 feedback, all feedback and I just got this e-mail earlier this week.  All my money on hold is the reason I haven't sent you the money for the XBL yet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

become verified and they don't hold it all it takes is a few clicks on paypal

not really im verified/confirmed they just mentioned its now affecting people with little fb/sales & powersellers with 100% fb
Originally Posted by BronLe

Damn was about to put my Kobe VI's and Miami Nights w/ matching T-Shirt up on eBay so I could have some money to blow next Friday. Should I just post them on NT Market?

its fine on nt but for non-sneakers, jackets, and like cars/property, ebay is really screwing it up for sellers...

its a sad reality what ebay has become since its beginning. these are 1. insertion fees. 2. final value fee on item, 3.final value fee on shipping, 4. paypal fees, and 5. shipping costs. no wonder people are making their own sites

yeah...ebay fees definitely hurting the bottom line.

like everyone said, your best bet is classifieds sites. i'm building my own right now and it should be live in about a month...i'm gonna list all my stuff for sale and hopefully get some hits here and there.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

its a sad reality what ebay has become since its beginning. these are 1. insertion fees. 2. final value fee on item, 3.final value fee on shipping, 4. paypal fees, and 5. shipping costs. no wonder people are making their own sites
true...I've been on there since '99. Things used to be simple ...and you got to keep most of your money.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom