EA to announce return of 'NBA Jam'

saw this on sportsnation the other night

smokin.gif

The Limited Edition Team of Michael Jordan and Gary Payton

"Payton didn't make the cut to be in the [first arcade] game, and of course, Jordan pulled himself out of the licensing of the NBA, so we had to pullhim out of the game," explained Turmell. "But one day, I got a phone call from a distributor out on the West Coast who told me that Gary Payton waswilling to pay whatever it cost to get into the game. So we told him what to do in terms of taking photographs, so he sent in photographs of himself andJordan, saying, 'We want to be in the game, hook us up.' So we actually did a special version of the game and gave both players all-star, superstarstats. There are only a handful of these machines, but Jordan and Payton did end up being in one version of the game.

INTERESTING. I never knew that Mj was in the game. I know Payton was.

coula swore GP was in it with Shawn Kemp on Seattle
I remember you could also put in codes to unlock people like the mascots, Fresh Prince and Bill Clinton I believe LOL

Org on SNES was a classic, The Hornets were my team, Grand MA MA, and ZO, not only could they both shoot 3's, but they could both dunk, which was crucialif you wanted to break the hoop in the 4th quarter

I have a FC Twin, which is a system that can play both SNES and NES games, and I still play NBA JAM from time to time

Back
Top Bottom