Does Lebron Getting his ring raise the value of his shoes?

Just a question .... I had this talk with my friend last night and he said of course.  But I didn't really think so.

I would hope so Im not a big fan of his but I got alot of his kicks for the simple fact that I cop kicks based on the look not on the player except for the AIs back in the day..but to answer your question Im not sure if itll help that much to be honest bc I think his shoes already have alot of buzz around em even before he won last night but it doesnt hurt that hes a champ now

Did Kobe's raise?

Total Foamposite Max's are worth $500?

Topics and this continuous question gets people to raise prices.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Did Kobe's raise?

In that case, you might as well reference MJ as well.

I was asking because the sneaker game has changed a lot since the early 2000's and 90's ... People werent spending the outrageous prices, back then, that they so willingly spend today ... I don't think that this thread alone will cause a reaction in the market ... 

Im thinking about it in the same terms as a card collector would .... Their cards go up in value, why not the apparell.

Do consumers win?

So what's your point in asking?

The only people I see concerned about this are resellers and hypebeast.

yeah if you invested in a pair of Lebron ZG 1's in 2003 they are now worth an extra $100 
baller status 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

yeah if you invested in a pair of Lebron ZG 1's in 2003 they are now worth an extra $100 
baller status 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I hope that his a sarcastic post. The new jack hypebeasts only want hyped up, overpriced shoes that give 'em some false sense of status. AZG retailed for about $110-$115 so after 9 years you can ONLY make about $100 more if you're extremely lucky. That's about $10 for every year that you stored the shoe and took up precious space. 

Actually I was asking because a seller who priced a pair of SB 8's for $900, now wants $1100.

"So whats your point in asking?" ...
laugh.gif
 Chill out killer ... Dont need you reaching in your trenchcoat

Did Kobe's raise?

Last words ring true. They only raise value to those who take the bait.

The only people I see concerned about this are resellers and hypebeast.
Basically
reseller analysis
Only sneakers that will probably see increased in hundreds of dollars towards the future are the big bangs, chinas, and miami vices (as far as 9s are concerned). Since Nike didn't meet demand and this Hypebeast era will want to give all their money away for those more than anything else.

Originally Posted by vood99

baller status 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I hope that his a sarcastic post. The new jack hypebeasts only want hyped up, overpriced shoes that give 'em some false sense of status. AZG retailed for about $110-$115 so after 9 years you can ONLY make about $100 more if you're extremely lucky. That's about $10 for every year that you stored the shoe and took up precious space. 

obviously sarcastic 
laugh.gif

baller status 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've got a pair of AZG First Games that have been sitting on ice since 2003 waiting for this day. (The only pair of shoes I've ever kept DS.)

Still, I'll probably hold on to them until LeBron retires.

EDIT: Didn't catch the sarcasm.
frown.gif

laugh.gif

Did Kobe's raise?

Topics and this continuous question gets people to raise prices
c/s
SMH @ these resellers justifying their price hikes. Its just pitiful how the shoe game is above else all about money to some or most.  I got some Brons I plan on letting go for reasonable prices you wont see me selling my Freegums for 230 SMH. 

Rocked these last night to the gym and some dude came up to me and asked me what size they were and if I was interested in selling them
laugh.gif

zoom_lebron_iii.jpg

Originally Posted by solesavage

Rocked these last night to the gym and some dude came up to me and asked me what size they were and if I was interested in selling them
laugh.gif

zoom_lebron_iii.jpg

I still have these DS 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Actually I was asking because a seller who priced a pair of SB 8's for $900, now wants $1100.

"So whats your point in asking?" ...
laugh.gif
 Chill out killer ... Dont need you reaching in your trenchcoat

LOL I actually had a guy tell me the exact same thing on Ebay. Yesterday I tried to talk him down & he was like 1100 if you pay before the game tonight b/c once Lebron wins his ring tonight the price is gonna go up. *!%+#, lol. If you ask a hypebeast they are likely to tell you yes. I've been a huge Lebron fan since day 1 but him winning a ring doesn't make me like his kicks any more or less. If that was the case then NO ONE would rock Barkleys or AIs kicks & the prices of Kobes would be through the roof.

maybe later down the line. Jordan's are so special because he is a major figure for a generation and they started a movement. The IX were taken well and they are moving to the X so it may very well be big enough in 10 years for it to happen.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by solesavage

laugh.gif

zoom_lebron_iii.jpg

I still have these DS 
laugh.gif

my personal fav Lebron's

baller status 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

First game azgs
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom