Does anyone know how to whiten this material?

So I'm normally good at this kind of thing but these have me stumped. I tried my normal method of soaking in an oxiclean white solution for a couple of hours and then putting them in the sun and I got zero result from it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
1000005024.jpg

How long did you soak in OxiClean? I would let it soak for at least 24 hours.
I only soaked for about 2 hours I'll try for 24 though and update. To all the funny guys responding, I'm not throwing them out. I enjoy taking on restoration projects but this one I haven't been able to crack. I found them at Goodwill for 7.99 with great traction still, I can hoop in them for sure

The reason I say 24 hours is because I had a white shirt that I wanted cleaned and I soaked it in OxiClean and the stain came out but it also turned my gold colored sink stopper silver so I figured it would work.

The reason I say 24 hours is because I had a white shirt that I wanted cleaned and I soaked it in OxiClean and the stain came out but it also turned my gold colored sink stopper silver so I figured it would work.
No doubt. That's usually how I clean up white converse but these are gonna take a little extra elbow grease/soaking it looks like

I think multiple applications might be in order as well. Soak it and let dry then do it again. I also form a paste from the powder and apply it .

Maaan you cats are on some other laughing at the truck. That was my great grandfather's and my family won't allow me to move it. The tailgate happens to be in the ideal sun spot. I get it though 😆

Do you know what material it is? It looks to be some type of plastic or synthetic so oxi is not gonna work for that. I believe you will need to apply a chemical treatment that whitens plastic. I know the product exists but I dont know of the name off the top of my head, I believe the sole-glo people have something like that. But, it also looks like there's some white fabrics interwoven or underneath the synthetic which I'm not sure how it would respond to the chemicals.

Do you know what material it is? It looks to be some type of plastic or synthetic so oxi is not gonna work for that. I believe you will need to apply a chemical treatment that whitens plastic. I know the product exists but I dont know of the name off the top of my head, I believe the sole-glo people have something like that.
salon care 40.

Back
Top Bottom