Does anyone know how long the Air Jordan line will continue?

Was there an official announcement from NIKE on how much longer they'll release new Air Jordans (AJ 2009, AJ 2010, AJ 2011......)?

I assume sales of the new designs are declining and people buy more retros

Thanks

Was there an official announcement from NIKE on how much longer they'll release new Air Jordans (AJ 2009, AJ 2010, AJ 2011......)?

I assume sales of the new designs are declining and people buy more retros

Thanks

The number of units sold per individual model is probably down compared to previous decades, but I think they are releasing more colorways now.  The Air Jordan line is still very profitable and doesn't show any signs of going away.  For what it's worth, I think MJ is signed on as CEO until 2023.

The number of units sold per individual model is probably down compared to previous decades, but I think they are releasing more colorways now.  The Air Jordan line is still very profitable and doesn't show any signs of going away.  For what it's worth, I think MJ is signed on as CEO until 2023.

Gordonson said the will milk it until the wheels fall off.  They are MASTER marketers and use a rare technique to stay current.  Most companies crank out as much as they can to make as much money as they can. Jordan does the exact opposite.  If there is a shoe that people really really really want they dont release it (Concord 11's, Cement 4's etc)  Their strategy is to keep people "wanting".  It keeps the shoe on peoples mind. It keeps us talking about them. Its a phenomenal strategy that almost no one uses.  If the 11's and cement 4's were easy to get and sold at Walmart they'd eventually go out of style or be boring.  Genius marketing!  

Gordonson said the will milk it until the wheels fall off.  They are MASTER marketers and use a rare technique to stay current.  Most companies crank out as much as they can to make as much money as they can. Jordan does the exact opposite.  If there is a shoe that people really really really want they dont release it (Concord 11's, Cement 4's etc)  Their strategy is to keep people "wanting".  It keeps the shoe on peoples mind. It keeps us talking about them. Its a phenomenal strategy that almost no one uses.  If the 11's and cement 4's were easy to get and sold at Walmart they'd eventually go out of style or be boring.  Genius marketing!  

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

You're 100% spot on man.  It really is brilliant.  But, to be honest, I think the video game industry does it too with some games. 
laugh.gif
  JB is smart as hell though.

You're 100% spot on man.  It really is brilliant.  But, to be honest, I think the video game industry does it too with some games. 
laugh.gif

there's nothing new with that marketing ploy. all "high end" brands, brands jordan dreams it can possibly be one day, have been doing it for more years, and to a far greater extent than nike.

there's nothing new with that marketing ploy. all "high end" brands, brands jordan dreams it can possibly be one day, have been doing it for more years, and to a far greater extent than nike.

It was always Nike's and MJ's plan to get people who never even seen MJ play to buy the shoes/apparel .... It's set them up to keep going beyond XX3, hence the change from numbers to years for the naming of the signature models .On top of this, their supply vs. Demand type marketing to drive punters crazy for the shoes World wide ! Plus so many celebrities wearing them just adds further hype.

It was always Nike's and MJ's plan to get people who never even seen MJ play to buy the shoes/apparel .... It's set them up to keep going beyond XX3, hence the change from numbers to years for the naming of the signature models .On top of this, their supply vs. Demand type marketing to drive punters crazy for the shoes World wide ! Plus so many celebrities wearing them just adds further hype.

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

laugh.gif

You have to realize that pretty much all of sigs didn't fly off the shelves when they were release. Years down the road, people regretting & wishing they would've bought 'em on clarence rack at ross's or a the nike outlet when they had the chance. Years from now the people are gonna be piss when they find out they gotta pay 250-300 when they re-re-re-retro again.

You have to realize that pretty much all of sigs didn't fly off the shelves when they were release. Years down the road, people regretting & wishing they would've bought 'em on clarence rack at ross's or a the nike outlet when they had the chance. Years from now the people are gonna be piss when they find out they gotta pay 250-300 when they re-re-re-retro again.

The way I see it is, the only way JB can last is if they come out with new stuff and stop focusing on the classic retros (1-14s) mainly 1s, 3s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 11s, 12s, 13s are the ones they retro the most..They have milked 1s, 12s, and 13s, I'd like to see 14s, 2s, 8s, 4s and honestly no more of the same stuff...I mean look what JB has is doing to keep our attention, they're dropping metallic Vs again, give me a break, they just retroed those, plus they had cdp black cement 3s. They are playing with us,

I dont see JB lasting past 2013 because honestly just by the fact that they are dropping blk/cmt 3s again tells me that they are seriously struggling to come up with new ideas that please us. They'res only so much you can drop before the stuff gets old..I'm sick of retros, epsecially with the quality being so bad and the same old cws dropping...

The way I see it is, the only way JB can last is if they come out with new stuff and stop focusing on the classic retros (1-14s) mainly 1s, 3s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 11s, 12s, 13s are the ones they retro the most..They have milked 1s, 12s, and 13s, I'd like to see 14s, 2s, 8s, 4s and honestly no more of the same stuff...I mean look what JB has is doing to keep our attention, they're dropping metallic Vs again, give me a break, they just retroed those, plus they had cdp black cement 3s. They are playing with us,

I dont see JB lasting past 2013 because honestly just by the fact that they are dropping blk/cmt 3s again tells me that they are seriously struggling to come up with new ideas that please us. They'res only so much you can drop before the stuff gets old..I'm sick of retros, epsecially with the quality being so bad and the same old cws dropping...

elcerrito91 wrote:
sick.gif
 2013... really???

elcerrito91 wrote:
sick.gif
 2013... really???

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

The 2s have already been milkedI want to see 4s!!

Back
Top Bottom