Did anyone hear Jaws say Adrian Peterson COULD be the best RB of All-Time?

I tried to post this earlier, but Yuku was acting up.....

Peterson is the truth, no doubt...but he isn't even 1/2 way thru his 3rd season....I respect Jaws' opinion very much, but that's some high praiseIMO....a lot can happen in his career for better or worse....any thoughts?

well no +#%! things can happen

but if AD stays heathly he will go down as one of the top 5 best RB to ever do it

(he needs to fix his fumble problem tho)

I thought I heard him say he is the best RB of all time. I just shook my head and made myself some dinner.

Dude's got memory loss from all the hits he took

I mean, a 3rd season in a running back's career is about a 5th season for anybody else so it is not that ridiculous. I think he'll def be the bestsince Barry but I personally don't see anybody being better than Berry in my lifetime. What dude did on the football field was just foolish.

Its not that huge of a statement, the way he's going it could easily happen.

But some people said LT could become the best ever

The length of his career will determine a lot

On just plain ability and physical skills... He already might be...

Don't think it's over-the-top or reactionary at all to say he could be the GOAT somewhere down the line....

what's wrong with saying AD could be the best RB of all-time? its not as if he called him the best RB of all-time right now.

Peterson has been very impressive so far in his young career. as long as he keeps improving on his flaws, keeps his head on straight, and doesn't getinjured, he's going to be up there by the time he's done.

DOWNTOWN43:
what's wrong with saying AD could be the best RB of all-time?
What's wrong with it? This:
DOWNTOWN43:
Peterson has been very impressive so far in his young career.
And this:
DOWNTOWN43:
as long as he keeps improving on his flaws, keeps his head on straight, and doesn't get injured, he's going to be up there by the time he's done.
As long as ANYONE in the league keeps their head on straight, improves on flaws, and avoids injury, they could be the greatest at their position.If freaking Vince Young improved his flaws, avoided injury, and kept got his head on straight, he could bethe greatest QB of all time.

Why is no one saying that? It's true.

As long as Mark Sanchez improves his flaws, avoids injury, and keeps his head on straight, he could be the greatest QB of all time.

walter-payton-5.jpg

I'll be damned if anyone surpasses this man.

Saying someone COULD go down as the GOAT when they are not even through their 3rd season is foolish. Almost as dumb as comparing Reggie Bush to Gale Sayers.There have been other NFL players who have had comparable #'s to AD in their first 2-3 years in the NFL. On top of it all, there is the slight fumblingproblem that you can't ignore. I'm not slighting AD cause he is one of if not THE most exciting player in the NFL...however, I'm sure Jaws wascaught up in the moment and got carried away with all that "GOAT" talk...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DOWNTOWN43:
DOWNTOWN43:
And this:
DOWNTOWN43:
as long as he keeps improving on his flaws, keeps his head on straight, and doesn't get injured, he's going to be up there by the time he's done.
As long as ANYONE in the league keeps their head on straight, improves on flaws, and avoids injury, they could be the greatest at their position. If freaking Vince Young improved his flaws, avoided injury, and kept got his head on straight, he could be the greatest QB of all time.

As long as Mark Sanchez improves his flaws, avoids injury, and keeps his head on straight, he could be the greatest QB of all time.

Come on now Ska, your counterpoint is quite ludicrous. AD is clearly a not many in a lifetime type talent and this is what Jaws(and many others) are basing their statements on. It is not like he is talking about Justin Fargas. Whether he proves it right or not only time can tell, butit is not an entirely stupid statement to make.

I think Calvin Johnson could go down as the greatest WR of all time just off physical tools, but I also realize, he has to work stupid hard, produce and changegames for A LONG TIME before that comes to fruition.

its an outlandish statement to make publicly yes, but AD's physical skill set and abilities are is up there with the best

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DOWNTOWN43:
DOWNTOWN43:
And this:
DOWNTOWN43:
As long as ANYONE in the league keeps their head on straight, improves on flaws, and avoids injury, they could be the greatest at their position. If freaking Vince Young improved his flaws, avoided injury, and kept got his head on straight, he could be the greatest QB of all time.

VC as good as Peyton?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

VC would never run an offense like Peyton does sorry. Dude is too dumb to run an offense like that. His wonderlic test result proves that.

But yea AD has the athletic gifts, now will he deliver and be healthy while also improving mentally. We'll just have to see.

DoubleJs07:
Saying someone COULD go down as the GOAT when they are not even through their 3rd season is foolish.... There have been other NFL players who have had comparable #'s to AD in their first 2-3 years in the NFL. On top of it all, there is the slight fumbling problem that you can't ignore. I'm not slighting AD cause he is one of if not THE most exciting player in the NFL...however... Jaws was caught up in the moment and got carried away with all that "GOAT" talk...
This.

Back
Top Bottom