de la soul :: performing tomorrow @ 10p @ 1223

yep.

De La Soul will be performing with 9th Wonder at MCCXXIII (1223). Even though the choice of venue is odd to say the least, this show should still be amazing. It's been awhile since De La Soul performed in DC, so this is definitely a treat. The only downside is that Thursday is MCCXXIII's 18 and over night, so be prepared to party with folks that probably don't truly remember who the hell De La Soul is. To be honest 1223 isn't one of my favorite spots in town, let's face it; it sucks and is pretty pretentious most nights, but it's worth the ride for De La Soul!

MCCXXIII is at 1223 Connecticut Ave.
Doors open at 8:30pm
This event is free with a pass/ticket.

i bet some bamma is plannaing to rock de la soul dunks......tight that they performing now....

Good looks on the info.

Can I be lazy and ask you for a link to the pass?
roll.gif

I second that emotion on all that Ian posted as far as 1223 goes...

The only time I think it's good up in there is when they have private parties in Spank with Strippers!

Originally Posted by sole lovely

damn. i wanna go but i dont have anyone to go with
frown.gif
female? curiousity.

naw..im just playin....wish i could make it out ther though...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I second that emotion on all that Ian posted as far as 1223 goes...

The only time I think it's good up in there is when they have private parties in Spank with Strippers!

I used to go there after work for the $20 open bar from 6-9pm on Fridays back in the day....

i THINK Mad Power Unit has a pass on their site. got email sometime tonight about this.should b nice,9th wonder is dope,down to earth dude too. there should beplenty of fake de la's to count all night and lemar and dauley sweatshirts in the building,lol. someone may start a drinkin game for that @!*.

That might be worth trekking out for as I haven't seen them since the tour for the first album back in Spring of '89 (@the old 9:30 Club on F St.),somewhere in storage I still have a Ludens box that I had all 3 of them sign
laugh.gif

Just to confirm what grs18 said, you can get a pass from madpowerunit.com.

Haven't been to 1223 since they hosted Flirt. But even that was like '02.

de la soul dunks
I would since they're 1/2 the reason why I bought them in the first place (other half is the TNMNT, they ran my childhood withGhostbusters...lol).

I would love to see them perform ITZOWEEZY and Shoomp.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by The Badgeman

That might be worth trekking out for as I haven't seen them since the tour for the first album back in Spring of '89 (@the old 9:30 Club on F St.), somewhere in storage I still have a Ludens box that I had all 3 of them sign
laugh.gif

damn.....how old are you?

just got my pass via text. lookin forward to the show!

when MPU says "80's baby 90s fresh" does that mean we can wear whatevs? cuz i'm not really tryin to put heels on tonight lol

I hope they aren't strict at the door about sneakers...I'll have to bring a back up pair in the car just in case.

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by The Badgeman

That might be worth trekking out for as I haven't seen them since the tour for the first album back in Spring of '89 (@the old 9:30 Club on F St.), somewhere in storage I still have a Ludens box that I had all 3 of them sign
laugh.gif

damn.....how old are you?
Old enough to have seen them in '89
laugh.gif

I was over at a friends place and didn't end up going, did anyone on here catch it?

the show was crazy....9th wonder killed his set and de la soul was live as he!!....it was hilarious when they keep performing when a mini scuffle brokeout...good show...and they were being strict about sneaks at the door, and the passes....i managed to get in after switching shoes and had to pay a dub bcuz ididnt have the second sheet to my pass with my name on it. LOL! well worth it though

who else went?

Back
Top Bottom