D.C. for the weekend

Good looks!

Food I should try? What is DC known for? O know Bmore known for seafood, crab cakes in particular... don't know about DC though.

Good looks!

Food I should try? What is DC known for? O know Bmore known for seafood, crab cakes in particular... don't know about DC though.

Good looks!

Carryout...order 5 wings with fries, mambo sauce on everything and a half and half

...but Ben's Chili bowl
Good Stuff Eatery on Pennsylvania
and if you like sushi Cafe Asia on I street

Last edited:
Be prepared to use the Nation's best Subway System.

U Street is a nice area for urban entertainment. Lot of jazz spots. JoJo's. Utopia. (U Street on the Green Line Metro)

King St. is also a nice area. Lots of shops and eateries. Riverfront. (King St. on the Yellow Line Metro)

If you are looking for where the black people are you can go to Ibiza, Stadium (half strip club half regular club), Park.

Do you know where you are staying?

Of course Georgetown needs to be visited. Shops, Food, Pier Area. Nike Store just opened up there.

Give me more details as to what you are looking to do.

Good looks!

some people swear by ben's chili bowl, it's aighttt

check out the Burger Joint up in dupont circle

Carryout...order 5 wings with fries, mambo sauce on everything and a half and half

...but Ben's Chili bowl
Yea I would suggest going to any local Chinese Food Spot (Carry-outs as we call them). Get 5 wings with fries. Get Mumbo Sauce - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbo_sauce

Ben Chili Bowl is one of those places that you go for the sake of saying that you went. I don't eat beef like though so I never went. But from what I hear the food isn't much to scream about.

...but Ben's Chili bowl
Yea I would suggest going to any local Chinese Food Spot (Carry-outs as we call them). Get 5 wings with fries. Get Mumbo Sauce - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbo_sauce

Ben Chili Bowl is one of those places that you go for the sake of saying that you went. I don't eat beef like though so I never went. But from what I hear the food isn't much to scream about.

That is a true and the food isn't. It's pretty much a spot with good chili that makes other food you can put chili on

Still on the bus, Georgetown is where the Exorcist was filmed right? Anyone been there?

My hotel is in Capitol Hill

Best place for wings and mambo sause? I'm trusting yall.

Still on the bus, Georgetown is where the Exorcist was filmed right? Anyone been there?

Everybody got their own fav carry out, go to any joint really. It all comes down to how good their mumbo sauce is lol

the steps are pretty anticlimactic. and the house isnt even there.

Don't mean to threadjack but are there any cheal hotels in the city? Want tk head down for Cuse and GTown but the hotel situation isnt looking good.

Good thing about the city is everything is close. I would suggest going to see the monuments tomorrow since its supposed to be nice. Maybe check out the nightlife tonight tho, U-Street, Adams Morgan, shopping in G-town. Not sure if your into drugs but I'm local...

Since you are staying in Capitol Hill, you are going to be in walking distance of the downtown area. Museums etc. - http://dc.about.com/od/museums/tp/Best5Museums.htm

For Wings, you can go anywhere. I would say the deeper in the hood the more authentic. You are in Capitol Hill, go over a few streets to Benning Rd/H St and you will find PLENTY of carry-outs.

Also, H Street is a newly established area. Lots of bars there. Food spots. There is a very popular fried fish spot there, "Horace and DIckies." - http://www.horaceanddickies.com/ (809 12th st. NE, Washington D.C. 20002 - (202) 397-6040)

Also you can go to Union Station since you are right by Capitol Hill. A little food court in there. It was once a decent mall but it is nothing special now.

What are your dates when you will be here?

Back
Top Bottom