custom shoe painting tips

does anybody know what the best types of paint and methods of painting for shoes are? i wanna do my own custom air forces but want it to turn out right.....

does anybody know what the best types of paint and methods of painting for shoes are? i wanna do my own custom air forces but want it to turn out right.....

angelus acrylic paints. buy from turtlefeathers. paint with several layers. the streaks you see on the first couple goes away eventually.

clean the area first, midsole or leather, with acetone. this gets ride of the protective layer on leather and the original paint on midsoles.

take photos of your projects and share please.

angelus acrylic paints. buy from turtlefeathers. paint with several layers. the streaks you see on the first couple goes away eventually.

clean the area first, midsole or leather, with acetone. this gets ride of the protective layer on leather and the original paint on midsoles.

take photos of your projects and share please.

you can't paint the soles.

the angelus paints come with a brush attached to the inside of the lid, but they are quite big. good for midsole work, but if you're gonna get fancy, you'll probably need a thinner hobby brush.

you can't paint the soles.

the angelus paints come with a brush attached to the inside of the lid, but they are quite big. good for midsole work, but if you're gonna get fancy, you'll probably need a thinner hobby brush.

Don't use the brush on the lid of the Angelus bottles. It's really hard to do a good job with it, it's quite big and bulky. Just buy a decent artist brush at a craft store, should be able to get one for 5 or 6 bucks. I prefer a filbert shape (semi-rounded) for general painting like midsoles.

Don't use the brush on the lid of the Angelus bottles. It's really hard to do a good job with it, it's quite big and bulky. Just buy a decent artist brush at a craft store, should be able to get one for 5 or 6 bucks. I prefer a filbert shape (semi-rounded) for general painting like midsoles.

^agreed with larrivee7, and to be safe, 1 small filbert tip, 1 small round tip, 1 small flat tip... and you can do anything

For a long lasting job, you might also want to strip the areas you'll be working on, but that can get ugly if you're not clean with it.

^agreed with larrivee7, and to be safe, 1 small filbert tip, 1 small round tip, 1 small flat tip... and you can do anything

For a long lasting job, you might also want to strip the areas you'll be working on, but that can get ugly if you're not clean with it.

Back
Top Bottom