Conley And Oden Teammates again????

maybe....
[h1]Blazers discussing trade for Grizzlies' Conley[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 29 minutes ago

• [h5][/h5] Buzz Up
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

The Portland Trail Blazers and Memphis Grizzlies are seriously discussing a multiplayer trade that centers on the exchange of forward Travis Outlaw and point guard Mike Conley, league sources said Friday.

The talks have been ongoing for weeks, sources said, and could be inching toward a completion.

"[Portland GM] Kevin Pritchard needs to pull the trigger for this to happen," one source familiar with the negotiations said.

The salaries of Outlaw and Conley would allow for a one-on-one swap, but both teams want to include additional players and contracts to satisfy other needs, including Portland's Sergio Rodriguez and Memphis' Hakim Warrick and Javaris Crittenton. It is unlikely that this trade will happen if it's a straight-up exchange of Outlaw and Conley.

Outlaw, 24, and Conley, 21, are both represented by agent Bill Duffy, and a source said that he's been actively involved in facilitating the deal.

Portland has long coveted Conley, in large part because of his childhood friendship with center Greg Oden. Conley and Oden grew up together in Indianapolis, playing together through a Final Four season at Ohio State. Pritchard knows that Conley has the credibility to get in Oden's face when he needs a push, and that's played an important part in his trade explorations.

The Blazers have been active on several trade fronts, including discussions earlier this season with the Atlanta Hawks that would've included a package for point guard Mike Bibby. Those talks died when the Hawks started the season with five straight victories.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball '08. Get off the bench and register today.

The Blazers have been active on several trade fronts, including discussions earlier this season with the Atlanta Hawks that would've included a package for point guard Mike Bibby. Those talks died when the Hawks started the season with five straight victories
wait WHAT!!!!!!

portland wanted bibby and the hawks was going to trade him? makes no sense on both sides

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

Bayless will play two guard....right?

I don't mind it. Conley has sucked but he has had no talent.

laugh.gif

They've been talking about this deal for almost a year now and nothing has happened. I really don't mind keeping Conley for another season mainlybecause he hasn't played 82 games yet in his career and he's still 21. I don't see Lowry being a starting PG, so if we were to make that deal Iwould like to see OJ moved to the one spot and hopefully find us a two guard unless Sergio can take the spot at PG.

The Grizz have plenty of talent and if you think they don't, you need to watch more games. It's the coach. I would like to see how well the playersdevelop with a respectable coach (a coach that has won playoff series, respected by players and other coaches, tough-minded). I honestly think the playersdon't respect Iavaroni enough and he's just too nice.

stop destroying Critt's career --- they should just send him to Orlando, so hs teammates(Dwight Howard) can be together again too.

^ exactly. isnt sergio playing well right now? and him and rudy play well together. i dont think conley isnt that much of an upgrade, his jumpshot is bad, andhe really hasnt done much so far, but then again he plays in memphis. personally, i think outlaw is a really good player, from the games that i have seen.

Even in HS, Conley's numbers weren't stellar having Oden by his side. How did he average 4.7apg and 5.1apg in his sophmore and junior season in HS.Conley can be good, but not great and I think the Grizz need a player that can shoot in the backcourt besides Mayo in order for the team as a whole to besuccessful. Mayo is basically the focus of the offense, and he's the only shooter so if Memphis is able to bring in Rodriguez, that would helptremendously.

Sergio's playmaking skills are just as good as Conley's should be, his shot is better and they both have good IQ's. If the deal was done, I wouldlike to see Lowry or Critt go next to get rid of the glut of PG's. Lowry didn't compliment Conley well off the bench because he couldn't bring nooffensive spark which is why I thought Critt would look best as the back-up. If Sergio ends up being the starting PG, I would still want Critt as the backupbecause of his size and ability to score inside. Sergio will also make Gasol even better than what he's been for Memphis this season. One of the key'sto having a successful team is to make sure your PG and big man are on the same page. If we were to make this deal, then make deal to trade Lowry and/orWarrick (if he isn't dealt to Portland), then use our money to fill out our bench and hopefully be able to draft Griffin would make us a great team foryear's to come.

I don't even think Outlaw wants to continue to come off the bench, so I don't know how that would pan out. I would rather him be our spark off thebench along with Crittenton and the defense of Ross and Darko than having Warrick (Mr. Goofy) and Lowry along with Ross and Darko.

I know they're just doing this to make Oden happy, but they already have way too many point guards.
Bayless was a lottery pick and he can't even get off of the bench on the Blazers.

It's a good trade because Rudy's the SF of the future.. and there's still Webster to back him up too..

At this point, if I'm Portland, I definitely buy low on Conley because I think his crappiness this season will end up just being a mere slump..

how many guards do the blazers need..and how the hell do they ever expect for the team to gel and win if they make 64376687 trades during draft day and duringthe season

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

how many guards do the blazers need..and how the hell do they ever expect for the team to gel and win if they make 64376687 trades during draft day and during the season
Umm yeah.. Because you make the trade for beyond this season? Duh..

ummm yeah...they do it every damn year..i think pritchard just gets bored in his office and just looks through rosters to see what kinda trade he can make

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

how many guards do the blazers need..and how the hell do they ever expect for the team to gel and win if they make 64376687 trades during draft day and during the season
Umm yeah.. Because you make the trade for beyond this season? Duh..

hahaha um, what?!?!?!?

I never thought Conley was ++%!...he was gassed tremendously. 4th pick in the draft...no sir.

Back
Top Bottom